Introducing Myself

Gordon

Hello Everyone,

My name is Gordon and I am a retired electronics technician, I have been trying to learn about Linux for a few years now, I have tried ubuntu,  fedora, red hat, mint to name but a few. I have been using Crunchbang for the past year or so and love it, I have recently move over to using LVM and now have #! testing and sid at the moment, As VastOne has answered several of my queries in the past I thought I would take a look at Vsido. I have an old hand mixed computer, Asus  A7N8X delux motherboard 1 gig ram and about 250 gigs of hard drives, geforce 6200 graphics card. My main hobby is Golf but I am a had radio license holder as well, G4MPT, but haven't been on the air for years. thats it about me now to post a query and hope its in the right place

Cheers one and all maybe catch you down the line :)

Gordon
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

VastOne

Hi Gordon, welcome to VSIDO!  I heard Golf and nothing more, tee time?  8:30 tomorrow?, I am available!

Cheers!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Gordon

Gordon

jedi

Hello Gordon and welcome to VSIDO!  Glad to have you...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jst_joe

Welcome Gordon,
Good to see you here.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

falldown

Hello Gordon and welcome to VSIDO!!

Gordon

Hi all

Thanks for the welcome, Glad to be aboard
Gordon

Digit

this thread makes me think i should go around to my neighbour, a computing teacher at the big local highschool (he's already told me he likes BSD (and mac)), and invite him to vsido too.

... nice that we're not all teenagers.  ;)   

(eep, did that come across as a little ageist?)

jedi

Oldies are goldies!  Welcome Gordon, glad your here!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

valroadie

Welcome Gordon! Glad to have you here in one of the nicest places to settle. :D