Did I tell you I like to Golf and Fish?

VastOne

I have an incredible passion for golf... It is literally a life blood to me...

I am a student of the game and look to learn from other people at every opportunity...  My home course is in a beautiful area of Kentucky that is a perfect setup for golf with rolling hills and a very very tough layout

It also has 5 mini lakes on them ... bigger than a pond, but smaller than a lake... I always carry a fishing pole in my golf cart so that I can pause at any time to take advantage of the crappie, blue gill and monster Big Mouth Bass that are in these lakes

Here are a couple of pictures of a 5 pounder I caught a couple of days ago

BTW, I am standing on the 11th tee box and in the background is the 10th hole... That is how close the lakes are...

It is a paradox to love and hate the same lake so much... a wayward shot right eats any ball on 10, but as you can see, it can also feed a family...
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

NIce catch -

For that hole you need to find a way to turn some of your golf balls into lures and attach line to them - hook/slice one into the lake and you can quickly change hobbies.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ That is the same analytical mind I try to shut off when I go there!!!!   :o  :D

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Wow.... I knew I liked you VastOne......

Ive been a die hard fisherman from day one, golf came a little later but its here none the less.
Growing up all I did was saltwater but after a 7 year stint as a truck driver I found myself in love with midwest/south smallmouth and catfish and have fished all over the country.

As you know my brother owns a tackle shop here in SoCal and I would like to (if you dont mind) print one of those pics and post it on his wall
with all the  other pics customers bring in.
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

Sure... You can post these, that would be great...

As much as I enjoy the hunt of big Big Mouths, there is nothing like the fight and battle of a Small Mouth Bass... My absolute favorite fish to catch (and release) ... they have an intelligence of the rivers or lakes they are in and you better know how to battle them or you will never catch them... one hell of a challenge  ... If you ever get to Wisconsin, fish the Wisconsin river with a jig and a live minnow on an ultra light setup.. it is heaven for small mouth

Here is an image of a 9 pound pig my brother caught on the same 10th hole lake... You can post it too.. He caught this on on a super ultra light rig with a beetle spin and rubber shad... I use a standard ultra light with 4 pound test line

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Here is one of my other brother Jeff with a 4 pounder he caught on the same 10th hole lake

Here is one of a monster crappie that I caught on the 8th hole lake...

And finally, here is a monster black crappie my brother Robert caught on the 18th hole lake

Cali is cool, but I bet it does not have a golf course with this much fun, sun, golf and fish

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Those are nice. Is that course actually open to the public for fishing?

I haven't gone in a while, but my oldest is starting to bring it up.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Well, I like to golf as well, but golf doesn't like me!  That little white ball is continually getting "lost"!  Fly-fishing on the other hand, is my true passion!  This was caught across the street from my in-laws house on Echo Lake.  A large brook trout is around 10 inches.  This bad boy came in at around 20 inches.  I've caught bigger ones.  You know one's that were "this" big!  This was caught in 2008 using a 'gnat' fly on an 8 foot #4 fly-rod.  If memory serves, it took around 30 minutes to get it in.  It was about 3 times the fish that the fly-rod was made for!  ;D

Same trout with my son holding it.  Biggest trout he'd ever seen!

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

@packrat, yes it is... Come on down and bring your son!

@jedi, that is one very nice trophy trout.. wow!

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ oops, my bad... Bring your daughter...

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Thats messed up........ VastOne didnt tell Jedi and I to come down....... Im hurt deeply!  :'( :'(
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

^ My door is always open... Anytime, you KNOW that!   ;D

I dev VSIDO

Gordon

Hi VastOne

I don't know about the fishing side but golf course looks fantastic. The only fish I have are in tanks which I enjoy watching  ;D

Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

lwfitz

Quote from: VastOneCali is cool, but I bet it does not have a golf course with this much fun, sun, golf and fish

We have courses like that but none that I can afford to play  :'(
Don't Be A Dick!