VSIDO Debian ISO's updated 2013-May-15 19:55 CST

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

fatmac

Hi jedi, no uefi on my machines.  :) When the installer starts, it suggests it can use a previously partitioned drive, but even when I had the partition info written out from fdisk in a tty & went back to X it didn't like it.
I will d/l VastOne's new offerings & see if I can get an install with them.
Linux since 1999
Distros: Debian, Crunchbang, AntiX, & now VSIDO

fatmac

Thanks VastOne, I shall d/l the 32bit shortly & try that on my netbook.
Might as well get the 64bit later as well now that there's no OS on the laptop.  ;D
Linux since 1999

fatmac

First experience with 64 bit 21 May build was the same, gparted wouldn't start. Used fdisk in a tty, deleted all partitions, made a new partition table & wrote it out, went back to X, re ran the installer, still wouldn't load gparted. Went back to fdisk in tty, created & wrote partitions to disk, went back to X, re ran the installer, this time gparted started, & the rest went smoothly. Wifi seems a bit iffy at the moment, connection keeps getting reset; I'm writing this from a cable connected desktop (running #!  :) )
The 32bit d/l again has a different md5sum to yours; will see what happens when I write it to disk. (Edit: Same type of problem as before.)

Edit: D/L 32bit again, but from downloads page, not with wget -c, & this time it runs live OK, except wifi, wants firmware brcm, according to dmesg.
However, it appears to be unsuitable for a 1024x600 netbook screen. (!) :(

Conclusion = I now have 32 & 64 bit live distros, with a 64 bit installation on a laptop.

Thanks for your efforts, will play with it for a bit, & post afresh if I get any other problems.
Linux since 1999