Request for Help Testing - FluxBox/Systemd ISO

jedi

Sorry, you know me by now, this has happened on every systemd install I've done.  It's just never been enough of a bother and I've always just forgot to mention it.  Took the pic so you could see it.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Quote from: ozitraveller on May 16, 2013, 01:55:19 AM
I usually get rid of bluetooth and exim4 after a new build as they slowdown the boot while they start daemons.

How do you do this? Using something like bum?  I use that to do the same thing
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I get that Bluetooth error too; I thought I shut down the bluetooth service, but apparently not. haven't revisited it yet.

Quote from: VastOne on May 15, 2013, 09:03:07 PM

10 gold bullions to whomever solves the SpaceFM / SMF / Samba setup

Have you tried some of the plugins - https://github.com/IgnorantGuru/spacefm/wiki/plugins

or maybe a user has the skills to write one.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

Quote from: jedi on May 16, 2013, 12:10:49 AM
Hey guys, probably should post this somewhere else, but here goes.  Get this error on every boot.

Any ideas?  It stays there for 10 or 15 seconds, then boots fine...

Did some searching for this; apparently a bug that affects atheros wireless cards on laptops - unfortunately, most of the forum traffic on this is in some unfamiliar foreign languages (Polish might be one of them). Found this for Ubuntu:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1024884

I went into synaptic and found that atheros firmware wasn't installed (yet my wireless card is working). Installed the atheros firmware and that error message is gone.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ That is some serious voodoo the developer of VSIDO must be using.... who needs firmware anyway?  ;D

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Yes I've been 'perusing' the search engines and forums myself.  There are a lot of people talking about this and as a matter of fact there is a bug listing on Launchpad.com.  I've checked, and the firmware is installed, and my wireless also has always worked OOTB with VSIDO.
Funny thing is, I have a LiveUSB of Fedora18, and when I run it, and finally get into the Gnome3 desktop I can click on the bluetooth icon in the top Gnome3 panel and it says all is well.  The funny/weird part is when I reboot (without installing Fedora) and boot into my VSIDO install, the error message is gone.  It stays that way on subsequent reboots until I power the laptop off.  Once powered back on, the error returns.  Welcome to bizzaro-land!!!
To clarify, my wireless uses the ath9 firmware, while the bluetooth is looking for the ath3k firmware which I have manually installed using the link at the Launchpad.com site to no avail.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Also, just to clarify a bit more, this is not effecting the boot times, and is a non-issue for me as I've never used bluetooth for anything, ever.
I just noticed the error around the same time I started wondering about the systemd-fsck running on every boot.  It is the systemd-fsck issue that is causing the 15 or 16 second delay on boot-ups, not the bluetooth error.
I find it quite comical that I can "complain" about being completely booted into my system (including the time it takes to type in a rather long password) in less than 30 seconds!
lwfitz asked whether fsck ran on a non-systemd install, and indeed it does!  Every time saying the partition is 'clean'.
Also right before the systemd-fsck message it tells me it is searching for a Btrfs file system.

Like I said, this is more of a "just letting you know" kind of thing, rather than a complaint about anything and nobody should be 'breaking' their brain trying to figure it out just for me.  My system works wonderfully well in every respect!  The ability with systemd to make Grub easier to interpret on boot-up as well as letting the laptop shut down/power off in about 3 seconds, is worth it to me.  Also the systemd-fsck running every boot at least lets me know my SSD is "clean"!
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Quote from: VastOne on May 21, 2013, 02:17:12 PM
^ That is some serious voodoo the developer of VSIDO must be using.... who needs firmware anyway?  ;D

No doubt a benefit of listening to Pink Floyd while rolling your own distro.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Bwhahahaha

My loyalists KNOW me so well

Very cool Rat Man!

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

But I couldn't link the video for you:

Pink Floyd - One Of These Days

Pink Floyd got me through college.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

@jedi

Thanks for all that insight... I did not think there was an issue with the ISO's, I tested them again and they are fine on my end too

Regarding the new ISO's

The x64 bit is built and tested... I will have the x86 done in 33 minutes

The uploads will begin with the x64 first and it should be available at 6PM CST 2 hours from now and then the x86 will be available at 7:30PM CST

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

It was there a minute ago...

All you have to do is post the url and the mod does the rest... it does puke on https videos though

The video is on the latest post

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I see that now; will need to keep that in mind.

And while putting VSIDO through it's paces, I noticed there is no webcam application installed by default. No issue, it's just an apt-get away to install the one I want; was just curious if that is by design. Webcam works out of the box.

The Voodoo is strong in this one.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Both are built and tested fine...

There is an issue I discovered with vsido-welcome not starting on the first boot on x86 and I cannot trace why

The uploads will start later...

A MASSIVE storm here is killing power .... Adios till later.... Will post when started and completed

I dev VSIDO