VSIDO Debian ISO's updated 2013-May-06 20:19 CST

VastOne

VSIDO Debian ISO's updated 2013-May-06 20:19 CST

Both ISO's were updated, built, installed, tested and uploaded with no issues this evening

• Corrected the installer so that you can now use the same password for root and your username

• Corrected minor menu issues

• Updated everything to current SID levels
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Downloading now and am going to rebuild the lappy!  I'll let you know if I find anything out of the ordinary. (of course we know that wont happen as they always go perfect for me!)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Downloading now! Is this still using remastersys? I hope Im not that far behind yet........
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

Yes, the installer is remastersys installer but I have altered it so that you can now have passwords the way you want them

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

The install was perfection!  Took over a day because of me being lazy and trying to get healthy!   :-[  The installer just finished so I'll reboot and have a newly installed VSIDO partition!   ;D
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

You know, I hate to hear stuff like Sid is "Unstable"!  (grouch, crank, grouch, grumble, snort)   ::) ??? ::)

Another perfect installation, and no issues I can report on in Fluxbox!

Logged into OB and all was well there as well.

Logged into Xfce, and was greeted by a window welcoming me to the Panel and how did I want to set it up, Default Config, or some other setting...  (sorry I got click happy and just closed the window)  Anyway, went into Task Manager, killed the 'Panel' (it was showing up in the upper left hand corner on top of the conky) and it was gone!  Checked in the Startup and Session area and it was there (the script to kill the panel on startup) but for whatever reason it decided on that first boot into Xfce, it wanted the panel!  Also noticed in the Session Start Up area that "Wicd" is still there to autostart?  I didn't see an icon for it on the desktop anywhere so I assume (I know, ass) it wasn't running.  I'll check again to be sure.  Anyway, logged out and back into Xfce, and all was as it should be!  Nothing superhuman to take care of...

Not much of a "Testing" job involved in this anymore!!!  Insert USB, reboot, install, voila!  VSIDO rules over them all IMO!!!
Forum Netiquette

jedi

No, Wicd is not autostarting in Xfce.  It is selected to autostart in the 'Session and Startup' under the 'Application Autostart' tab.  However, it is not there, (installed) so obviously it isn't autostarting!
Forum Netiquette

jedi

I also ran apt-get update and dist-upgrade before running the vsido-welcome script. (139 upgrades!) This has just gotten to be a habit.  Everything went great.

Ran the vsido-welcome script, installed everything (I think) except the LAMP stack in the dev section.  There were bugs listed, I just answered Yes to everything, and everything installed and is running perfectly.
Forum Netiquette

blaze

Thanks for the updated iso VastOne, downloaded it, so I have a fresh iso in storage to install if I mess things up:)
blazingaway

lwfitz

Quote from: jedi on May 09, 2013, 11:01:30 PM
No, Wicd is not autostarting in Xfce.  It is selected to autostart in the 'Session and Startup' under the 'Application Autostart' tab.  However, it is not there, (installed) so obviously it isn't autostarting!

I thought WICD was replaced with Ceni. Did the allmighty VastOne bring it back without stopping his day to personally inform me?
Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

Quote from: lwfitz on May 10, 2013, 07:44:06 PM
I thought WICD was replaced with Ceni. Did the allmighty VastOne bring it back without stopping his day to personally inform me?

No I was just checking the new ISO, and noticed remnants of the past!  Wicd is indeed replaced with Ceni.  I was just pointing out some overlooks/oversights in the Xfce "Sessions and Startup" - "Application Autostart" tab.  Just need to get the wicd autostart entry removed...
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

@jedi, Thanks for the great testing and updated information, I really appreciate it!

@blaze, anytime!  I appreciate you grabbing and testing!

@lwfitz and jedi, WICD has been long gone and what you are seeing is a ghost in the machine that I reported about in another thread somewhere here... If you notice, you cannot delete that from autostart in XFCE, and neither can I... there is also not a .desktop file anywhere on the build system that can be found, as you know a .desktop file is what XFCE uses to create an instance in startup... ergo, a ghost in the machine...

Thanks for everything...

I dev VSIDO