lightdm - where is the gtk config?

damo

I was hoping to change the appearance of the lightdm login theme, and afaik the config should be in /usr/share/lightdm-gtk-greeter/greeter.ui. The only one I can find is at /lib/live/mount/rootfs/filesystem.squashfs/usr/share/lightdm-gtk-greeter/greeter.ui, which I'm guessing isn't the right one?

Any suggestions as to where the gtk config is kept?

I find the default theme quite ugly and was hoping to produce something a bit more like my simple SLiM theme:

Artwork at deviantArt

Sector11

/etc/lightdm/keys.conf
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf.dpkg-dist
/etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf
/etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf.dpkg-dist
/etc/lightdm/users.conf

Stay Home

VastOne

The ArchWiki has good info on all of LightDM

This page at TuxGarage has good info on changing the theme, although pretty basic

Ubuntu uses LightDM and their forum is full of themes and advice if you can stand going there
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

damo

Thanks for the quick response guys :)

@Sector11
yes, I know all those, but they don't have the gtk layout

@VastOne
I've been through the buntu and arch wikis and the tweaks are very general. I'd like to get at the gtk code, which I believe is in a greeter.ui, as described here.
Maybe I'll have to investigate their forums :(
Artwork at deviantArt

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

damo

@VastOne
Yes - that's one of the places I got "/usr/share/lightdm-gtk-greeter/greeter.ui" from!
Artwork at deviantArt

damo

FYI  The relevant gtk layout is in a glade file in the source code. I guess I'd have to rewrite the .glade and rebuild lightdm - not what I was anticipating!
Artwork at deviantArt

ozitraveller

I looked at lightDm some time ago when ubuntu started using it and I thought there was a webkit greeter that used html and css, something like  lightdm-webkit-pretty-greeter. But at the time it wasn't implemented in Debian. I haven't looked recently so maybe it has now or will come now with all the new stuff coming into sid. I noticed some upgrades to lightDM a couple of days ago. I'd like to use it myself, as I can't see the point in writing/changing code to change the style! :)

damo

@ozitraveller

Looks like all the Debian sources still have only the lightdm-gtk-greeter
Artwork at deviantArt