May 2013 Screenshots

jst_joe

Under 1.5GB running Iceweasel and Virtual Box openSUSEx86_64 Xfce with 2 cpu's and 2GB ram allocated.

Nice work VastOne...
I'm impressed!  ;D
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

VastOne

^ Very nice jst_joe

Thank you for sharing the ability of VirtualBox running another Distro so cleanly

That is impressive!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jst_joe

I made a VHD of my Windowz 7 HD, it runs around 2.75 GB on VirtualBox with 2GB and 2 cpu's allocated.
I expected Windowz to max out anything allocated to it.  :D
It still runs pretty smooth on the VM even while running MS Publisher.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

lwfitz

Windows in a VM runs surprisingly well.

And to stay on topic heres a picture of a baby hatching out of a watermelon

Or maybe hes eating it..... I prefer to think hes hatching  :D
Don't Be A Dick!

Sector11

Stay Home

jedi

hmm, same as April's?  Not sure but here's my latest desktop scrot...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

lwfitz

Just a wallpaper change for me....... no time to conky it up lately  :'(

Don't Be A Dick!

lwfitz

Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

The adventure begins:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Hopefully it will be as good as we hope...  ;D

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Well, so far, the adventure is great!  Just wanted to post a scrot to let everyone see the benefits of having 'systemd' installed on their system.  Not only does it make boot-ups and shut-downs much faster, it also allows you to do an awesome job cleaning up your Grub2 menu!  Below is a shot of my Grub2 menu at boot-up, with every single entry working and booting in incredible times.  (including the 32 bit version of VSIDO)

If this gets anyone's attention, and you'd like to know how to do this, you can follow the wonderful "How To" that VastOne wrote in the "How To" section of the community forum!  There are a couple of 'additional' steps, that with VastOne's permission, I'll be more than happy to provide...  (to make it look like the one in my scrot)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

blaze

^very nice jedi, and nice wall 3 or 4 posts above, and congratulations for making your post #500!
blazingaway

PackRat

VSIDO with systemd; fluxbox and i3 - because there are days you just need to tile  ;D

dropped tint2 and went with fluxbox's own iconbar, clock, system tray.

@Vastone - have you been in contact with the fluxbox dev's; I think that either on their website or wiki they maintain a list of distros that use fluxbox as default.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Looks good Rat Man... I have not been in contact with any of the FLuxBox devs yet...

I will do that today

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Working with Shotwell, getting my picture library imported and thought maybe you'd like to see what a hard working machine looks like!  I'm used to a few hundred Mb in use and was surprised to see upwards of 3Gb's in use when importing a large picture library.  Glad to have the RAM!  Anyway thought the graphs looked cool...

Forum Netiquette