Another visitor from CB...

damo

The VastOne was kind enough to ask to use a background image I made, so I thought I'd pop over here from crunchbang to see whatsappenin'. Download and install went well, and I've been playing with the distro for a few weeks - nice one. Not QUITE as user-friendly as #!, but then I didn't expect it to be ;)

Glad to see familiar faces here, and the atmosphere is nice and friendly!

I can't help much with the nuts-and-bolts problems, but I can do the decorating :D
Artwork at deviantArt

VastOne

Welcome damo!  It is great to see a familiar face and thank you for joining and testing VSIDO

How can we make it as user-friendly as #! or for that matter, does it need to be?  ;)

I am looking forward to your creations!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

damo

@VastOne

Wireless didn't work on my laptop (broadcom issues of course) so I couldn't install, and I haven't made the effort to rectify it yet. And there are some glitches with Blender, which I run as a standalone, not the (old!) version in the repos, so that may be a python thing?

And no - I don't suppose it does need to be "user-friendly" in the sense that a complete noob probably shouldn't be messing with experimental software :) The VSIDO user-base probably knows their way around a lot of the configuration , and anyway this is the place to ask I guess!

Artwork at deviantArt

lwfitz

Welcome damo! Glad you made it over here!

Which BCM card do you have?
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

The only experimental is grub2 and Iceweasel (from mozilla's experimental to get the very latest release of Aurora)

Most anything pulled from experimental now is only there due to the debian freeze... once that is lifted, debian can finally move packages from Experimental that have been ready for a long time

grub2 and Xfce 4.10 are great examples of this

Everything else is SID based
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

damo

Quote from: lwfitz on April 29, 2013, 07:26:32 PM
Welcome damo! Glad you made it over here!

Which BCM card do you have?

Thanks for the offer. I used to have to do it regularly pre-Statler, so I'll dig out my old how-to sometime. If it's still no go I'll post for help in the appropriate place. In the meantime VSIDO is running fine on my main machine, and my little lappy is running out of space so I'm not too bothered!
Artwork at deviantArt

jedi

Hey damo, welcome to VSIDO!  Glad to have you.  Need anything, just ask!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jst_joe

Welcome damo.
Looking forward to seeing some more of your eye-candy work with blender.
Very nice indeed.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

falldown

Welcome Damo.. hope to see some of your work here in the forums.