Problems with Remastersys Install

lizbeth

Too few options....

I have a swap outside of my extended partition, then inside my extended partition i want a separate boot. root, temp, and /home/user/downloads directories.

Since I can't do that with remastersys, can I install debian squeeze or linux mint debian edition and upgrade to vsido by adding your repos?  will I end up with vsido if i do?  I was looking and didn't see anything specific that was debian related except for one directory about aposid.

Will this work?  Are your configs in the repos?

OR is there another way to setup my hard drive partitons after install.

THANKS!!!

jst_joe

Welcome to VSIDO lizbeth!
I don't think VastOne has setup an official vsido repo yet but you could create those directories after install and set their mount points in /etc/fstab.
Or symlink the original directories to the ones you create, I think that should work.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

lizbeth

Thanks for the welcome and hello to you!

That's too bad about not having your own repo...  It might be just as well then to edit fstab.  That doesn't sound too difficult. 

Harder for me might be getting grub to install.  I'm installing now and the terminal window that opens when grub installs is hanging.  If i close it, I wont have grub on reboot...  tried it once.

lwfitz

Thats odd about grub. Ive installed MANY MANY times and thats one error I havent gotten. Glad you were able to fix using lilo. I always keep a super grub disk around for just that situation.
Don't Be A Dick!

lizbeth

the entire hard drive is trobling me.  I've got a buch of 9999999999's on my screen after boot.

lwfitz

Did you have any issues with running the live disk?
Don't Be A Dick!

lizbeth

Not at all.  Your image was fine this time.  My hard drive wonked out on me for some reason.

I'm going to wait until you get off remastersys so I can install it how I want it from the start or until you get some official repos that I can use to upgrade my system to from debian wheezy or something.

That way I won't have to pester with this silly stuff that I wouldn't have to deal with if I weren't editing fstab and the like.

falldown

Welcome lizbeth!!
We are working on fixing this issue with the installer.. namely just using a different one.
Thanks for sticking with us while we work this out.  :)