Torrent file anyone? Anyone? Beuler? Anyone?

lizbeth

I have tried to d/l this iso before about 10 times it it never boots.

There is someting borked with my connection or something.  Is there no torrent file?

forget wget, it hasn't helped...

lwfitz

When did you try downloading? Recently? The ISO's are now uploaded to Google drive which seems to have fixed the download issue for everyone else.

Does wget error? if so try

wget -c tries=0 http://vsido.org/debian/vsido_v1-2_3.8_Kernel.iso

or if your looking for x86

wget -c tries=0 http://vsido.org/debian/vsido_v1-2_3.8_Kernel_i386.iso

The tries=0 command will make wget continue trying to download when it errors (0=unlimited tries)

At this time there are no torrents. Did you check the md5 for your download? What do you mean it doesnt boot? Are you burning to disk or if your using a flash drive how are you creating the bootable usb?

Btw..... Welcome to VSIDO  ;D
Don't Be A Dick!

lizbeth

Thanks for welcome!  Yes this did download perfectly this time!

It took quite a while for the email to verify my account to come through...  I had given up hope.

Now that I am in the forum and have a working copy - WOW!  What a pretty fluxbox and hardly uses any memory!  Sweet!  I need to edit that conky though.  Not liking that conky setup or the remastersys because it limits my install options too much.  BUT WOW HOW PRETTY!  You obviously put a lot of WORK into this project.  An official spin would be great using the actual debain installer or the linux mint debian edition one.  I might could help with that if you were interested.  Haven't tried it before but i get the idea.

Ok, so next I'm  install.  Be back a little later!  And THANKS for making this!

VastOne

Hi lizbeth and welcome to VSIDO.  I am sorry you had so many issues installing.  Is the machine new that has the Microsoft Bios Boot crap on it?  Jedi has done quite a bit of work on that

I do have a version with the LMDE installer, I am working on some issues with it.. I would prefer the debian installer but it us difficult to separate that installer with all of debian live.  I appreciate your offer to help
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lizbeth

Well I got it this time.  This is pretty and really it shows a lot of effort went into it to make it nice.

The only thing I am missing from what I's like to have is a config editor for tint2 like what exists in sparky linux.  As it is I installed AWN just because I can edit it easily enough.