Memory used after booting in...

jedi

Well I declare!  This is the lowest I've had it yet!  It was actually at around 84.5Mb until I started Screenshooter to get the scrot!

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

(Does anyone notice that is a 32bit version of VSIDO?.... sshhhhh)

Coming soon to a theater near you...
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Thanks for the help testing this jedi!

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Can I download this yet? If I cant test this Im going back to Windows 95
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

jedi

I wasn't going to say anything about the 32 bit thingy till you did!  Actually when I first posted the scrot I wasn't even thinking about it showing the kernel info as well!!!.   :D

The memory usage is just unbelievable.  I've also installed it on a laptop that must be about 15 years old and only has 692Mb of RAM.  It runs great!!!

Installed on this POS!

http://computers.toptenreviews.com/economy/toshiba/toshiba-psa60u02201e-details-7059.htm

With the exception of the RAM which is 692MB for some odd reason and an 80Gb 4200Rpm hdd.  Speedster for sure!!!  Maybe not 15 years old, but it's up there...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

VastOne walks away shaking his head in utter dismay...   :-*

I dev VSIDO

blaze

Ooops, the cat sort of escaped from the bag evidently, but hey that is good `n` nice news, have in fact been fantasizing to try Vsido on an old laptop, and now it looks like it will be a reality.
So now I just hope that I will be ready whenever it is ready, too much stuff going on atm, but I am pretty sure it will great. Thanks for these fantastic news even if a bit premature;)
blazingaway

lwfitz

So now can I install VSIDO on my 12 year old Nokia phone?
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

I removed a lot of cruft using BUM and got the initial boot down to 78 MiB

Just so all of you know why I did this...

A friend of mine had a massive WindBLOWS worm issue that killed his lappy... So I spent AN ENTIRE DAY getting a #! Waldorf install to look and feel like VSIDO

I said to HELL with this and realizing how we 64 bit folks had it so easy with a 5 minute install, I set out on a quest to get 32 bit working

The working release should be done today, barring any hole in ones I get on the golf course... for those who do not know golf, hole in one = buy drinks and get drunk...

Jedi has instructions to release in the event I am too blitzed to do it...

I dev VSIDO

jst_joe

Looks good and I've got a laptop that's only x86 with 1GB ram I'm running Waldorf on now.
I'll be looking forward to putting my favorite distro on it.  ;D
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.