Hello from Detachment 7

jedi

My quick "Hello World"! Glad to be here. Got a 'tip' from "The Legend" this was the new distro! Downloading now and will have installed shortly. As with all of VastOne's work, I'm sure this will exceed my expectations!

Jed
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Welcome Jedi!

We are glad you have joined us!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Quote from: Sector11

Welcome home Jed.  :D
You'll find the install a little faster than "The Script"!
'Legend' my  ... my ... but not quite.
[size=85]that's called a play on words[/size]

Quote from: VastOne10000 cookies to Sector11!
Nooooooooo I'm on a diet.
Can I have 2 and 9998 coffees instead?

I believe that with that much coffee, even BA would become a 'small' place!  You'd be climbing the walls!!!  Good to be home.  Ran the iso I downloaded, and realized I've been running VSIDO since around the 12th of November!  Shhhh.  Don't tell anyone.  (Or am I mistaken in that?  It felt and looked exactly like the iso VastOne allowed me to DL from Dropbox)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Quote from: Sector11^ Hi Jed ... Yea, you've been here longer than you realized.  That's why I gave you a heads up about the forum.  You've had the OS for a bit, this just seems natural follow up.
So does this mean we were the first 2 guinea pigs?  Just got done chatting with VO on irc and am going to dl the latest iso.  He's got a new HowTo coming soon!
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Quote from: VastOne@Jed!

I love that freaking avatar!!!

Nice... Yes, you and Sector11 were my original test products!

I knows how to pick em!!!!
The avatar is definitely freaky!  As with all the good things I've 'borrowed' off the net, I can't remember where I got it!
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Quote from: Sector11^  no you have that wrong Jed.  I was a very willing volunteer almost from day one.  :D

And VastOne is missing a few hairs because of that I'm sure.
Not that I was "unwilling" more like "unwitting"! lol  I'm just glad this distro "found" me!  For that, the thanks goes to you Sector11...
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Some nostalgia for you!

You should see the old Linux cd's I have of different distros.  They date back to 1999!
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Sorry for the image quality, I'm a terrible Gimp man.  3 different pics merged into one....
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Quote from: VastOneYou cannot believe how excited I am about that!!!! Wow!  I was a MONSTER OS/2 fan and it still holds a close place in my heart.

I will try to VSIDO it once I get it!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...

No problem!  Just PM me a place to ship it to and it's yours!  Least I can do after all the success I've had with VSIDO!  A small price to pay for the best all around distro I've ever had.
Forum Netiquette

jst_joe

Quote from: jedi on January 14, 2013, 08:44:31 PM
Some nostalgia for you!

You should see the old Linux cd's I have of different distros.  They date back to 1999!

Damn that pic brings back some memories.
Welcome to the new and improved hang out.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

falldown

Soo.. We meet again..
Welcome to the place to be jedi.

lwfitz

Oh crap...... first dizzie.........and now Jed......... This is gonna be an exciting place for sure  :D

Welcome buddy!
Don't Be A Dick!