Looking for an old iso

tlinsley

Does VastOne maintain an archive of the past iso's?

During a massive finger malfunction, my copy of "vsido_v1-2-Siduction_towo_3.7.1_Kernel.iso" was inadvertently deleted.  :-[

Would love to have another copy.

jedi

Well tlinsley, your in luck!  If VastOne doesn't have a copy, I do.  However it'll take a couple days to upload it at my speeds.  Matter of fact the US Mail would probably be faster!  Let me know if you want it and we'll figure out a way to get it to you.  I can always post it to Google Drive.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

tlinsley

Thanks for the offer Jedi!  Don't want you to have to endure an irritating long upload though. :(

Let's wait and see if VastOne chimes in with a link.

And it looks like he did.

jedi

thank goodness!  I was dreading the upload!!!   :D
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Sector11

AHA! I knew you have backups.  :D
Stay Home

jedi

well Sector11 to be honest, I don't have the extensive/complete set, as I didn't start keeping them until maybe in Dec. some time...  I know yours is better maintained than mine!
It would be a good idea though for historical/archival reasons to have at least one copy of all the iso's created so far just because!  You never know, this may all be famous history someday.  Be a shame for part of it to be lost...
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

^ I do not see that as a need.  As I create and strive to make them better, I get rid of the old one

I did post the last of the original threesome together just for the need of someone wanting them

I dev VSIDO

tlinsley

Thanks everyone.  File downloaded and tucked away safely.  Promise to try not to delete this one.  ;)

Marking as solved...

Sector11

@ jedi and VastOne

Not anymore, when VastOne told me he dumps them I did that with mine.

Now I treat them like my backups; current and two older versions.  Plus by the end of the three version era I was only downloading the version I used - liquorix.
Stay Home

VastOne

I have the very first VSIDO ISO I created burned to a DVD and in a safe.  I have my nostalgic desires met

Thanks!

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

I have a DVD-R (it was all I had at the time) that says:  VSIDO 1 Sept 2012 - first ISO - VSIDO is burned to it ... not really the ISO. Although it is glued to a round piece of wood, 1/8" bigger than the DVD and I use it as a coffee coaster ...  :D

HOWEVER: I do have VSIDO #1 burned to a CD-R (got it later) in my "CD Case" as well and two others one dated: Dec 2012 the other just VSIDO.

And one last bit of nostalgia: a CD-RW that reads: Debian Business Card Install - use with Debian Netinstal Sid - Yet Another How To

That's my first VSIDO Install.  ;)
Stay Home