Why do you use your image bin

VastOne

I have seen several images posted here and of course at #!, and am curious as to why you use what you use.

I like zimagez for it's convenience it many ways, thumbs, bbc code, different image links

I also like postimage when I have to edit and reduce someone else's image (Thank the Gods and you all I do not have to do that here on VSIDO)

imagbox seems to take forever to load one of your images... As a matter of fact, it is so slow I never let it load and end up closing it before I see the image

Just curious as to the what and why...
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

dizzie

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

VastOne

^ You are a bad man dizzie, but I'll take some cake!

I dev VSIDO

dizzie

What kinds of frosting, or are you more into cream  ;D

vrkalak

I've been using "ImageBam.com for years now.  Somewhat customizable, and ... I like it.

VastOne

^ Never knew of them, thanks for the heads up!

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

I use zimagez now because its reliable and pretty fast. Omploader was my choice for a long time but they have gotten so slow that I cant stand it and about 50% of the time their site times out for me.
Don't Be A Dick!

vrkalak

^ I first tried  Omploader (long ago) but, their site seems to be down quite often.  Always been a problem.

Sector11

I started with imageshack.us which is a no go today.  You must be a member to see images full size and most time I simply cannot see them.

I changed to imgbam.com and still have an account with them, I like it, and still use it on occasion. I switched to imgbox.com (by the same people as imgbam) when it first opened it doors and it "was" fast then ... now it's as slow as en.zimagez.com is for me, zimimagez has always been slow for me.  I do other things while it loads in another tab.  I've always wondered why people use it.

Now I know ... what's fast for some isn't for others.

So, I'd like to quote dizzie here:

en.zimagez.com is slow as shit! stop using it for the love of, all cake in the world !!   :D

I recently switched to imgur.com after seeing falldown's images coming in very fast! I have to talk to him about that site, it won't keep me logged in.
Stay Home

dizzie

Agree that imgur is nice and fast, even for me (all the way over here) zimager is in france (about 700km from me) but point taken :)

jedi

hmm, never knew that zimagez.com was slow!  For me, all of you that use it, your images load instantly for the most part.  I also like the ease of their setup.  Imgur, imgbox, omploader, are all slow to me.  I'm in Northern Maine, USA so don't know if that explains anything.  Of all the ones I've seen people using, imgbox is by far the worst when it comes to speed.  Most of the time if I click on your scrot and it goes to the imgbox site, I end up closing the link rather than wait till tomorrow for it to load up...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Sector11

@ jedi

I've noticed the same thing with imgbox --- with my own images - slow.  That's why I started using Imgur.

Fast for me, but it looks like what works for one doesn't for others.   Hey, I'm the one person here that has problems just getting here at times.  Just a couple of minutes ago I clicked on a page the icon started spinning and after a minute or so - a white page ... and nothing else.  I just keep trying.
Stay Home

VastOne

Postimage is also very good with massive options and is as fast as any I have seen

Like jedi, if any site takes more than 4 seconds to even begin opening the image, I never will wait to see the image

I dev VSIDO

dizzie

Postimage is great, it has so many resize options :D

Sector11

It can even be added to the forum. 

http://postimage.org/mod.php

I found it slow to upload to though.
Stay Home