Liquorix Kernel 3.8-5.dmz.1

ozitraveller

Updated 10 hours ago, still ok! Wifi and all.

;D

VastOne

Thanks Oz, I just updated to it and all is well

I have VSIDO Fluxbox and this kernel with two Tint2 panels and the VSIDO top conky with gmail added booting at 97MiB

Not bad, not bad at all

;D
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jefsview

Quote from: VastOne on April 01, 2013, 07:47:09 PM
Thanks Oz, I just updated to it and all is well

I have VSIDO Fluxbox and this kernel with two Tint2 panels and the VSIDO top conky with gmail added booting at 97MiB

Not bad, not bad at all

;D

Wow, that is impressive!

ozitraveller

Crikey Matey, how low can you go! ;)

So flux uses less resources, or have you performed some black magic on it somehow?

Do you have plans for a mini kde or razor-qt too?

VastOne

Aye, Fluxbox uses less resources... and Liquorix as well

ANd I think FB, OB and Xfce4 is enough...  ;)

I dev VSIDO

ozitraveller

I would tend to agree, maintenance would then be a problem! KISS is the best advice !

Of the 3 which do you prefer as a day-2-day environment?

VastOne

Since I have found Fluxbox, I have not used anything else.  I am in love with FB...

It's simplicity is incredible and has a unique menu system I like over OB

I dev VSIDO

ozitraveller

That's good enough for me, I'll have to have a look at you configs! I did use dsl for a while. I'm also interested in i3. So you are sticking with tint2 also?

VastOne

Yes... You cannot beat the functions of a launcher, tasks and systemtray at 8 MiB across two panels with Tint2.

It is by far the lightest there is and does not leak memory like so many other launchers do.  Of course the launch scripts are included with it and it is the updated Tint2 that I compiled.

I dev VSIDO

Neon_Riots

Wow the official 3.8.x is updating quickly, looks like there is already a 3.8.6 kernel as of yesterday, I wonder how long it will take for the liquorix guys to pump out another update.

ozitraveller

3.8.6 hasn't hit the US repos I'm following yet. ;)

Neon_Riots

I'm just going by kernel.org, I don't think 3.8.6 is in any non-experimental repo anywhere.