Conky Addict #5642368416

lwfitz

Well I have never actually introduced myself in any forum so I figure this is a good place to start........

There are  many passions in my life but technology and growing along with it is probably my number one. I am a hardware guy from the time I was a child, whether I was "juicing" up an rc car or trying to squeeze every watt out of an amp I have spent my life pushing man made objects as far (and many times further) they would go.
I run a full service contract I.T company that specializes in "on call" tech support for all pc/mac related issues whether its hardware or software related along with installation and repair of home audio/theater systems. home/office networking, server maintenance/management, smart phone repair/os reinstall  and  working with non-profit organizations.

This is all a learning process so thank you all in advance for the information that you provide me on a daily basis and I hope that I am able to pass along some of that knowledge.

As for my Linux experience, I started with Ubuntu 6.06 and shortly there after when Mint was released I Jumped on that band wagon and stayed with that until 2010 where I started distro hopping between about 72,000 different distributions until finally settling with Crunchbang 10 and ultimately then upgrading to Waldorf. All that time I never really found what I was looking for and just kind of settled on some very good distributions until while reading the #! forums one day I found VastOnes net install howto and the VSIDO script he had written and I was hooked. This time not once feeling like I am just settling for the better release.

And then theres conky......... With the help of people like Sector11, mrpeachy, falldown and VastOne I have been able to find a new passion and that is making some pretty cool desktop configurations. As with most of Linux there are pretty much no limits. If I think it, it can probably be done.

Thanks guys for allowing me to be a part of your community  :-)
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

Welcome Home Skillet!  ::)

Glad to have you!!!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jst_joe

Welcome to the asylum.
Yes I said that because y'all remind me of...
Well...
ME  ;D
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

jedi

Quote from: jst_joe on January 14, 2013, 11:02:04 PM
Welcome to the asylum.
Well...
ME  ;D

Hey I resemble that remark!!!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

falldown

jst_joe

Quote from: jedi on January 14, 2013, 11:36:16 PM
Quote from: jst_joe on January 14, 2013, 11:02:04 PM
Welcome to the asylum.
Well...
ME  ;D

Hey I resemble that remark!!!

Why lwfitz...
What ever do you mean?  ::)
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.