Liquorix Kernel 3.8-4.dmz.2

VastOne

Liquorix finally got off their butts and made the leap to 3.8

I have it installed and so far all is good including nVidia
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

ozitraveller

Just noticed this, but will have to wait until tonight to install :( About time been wait for this for a while.

jefsview

About frikkin' time!

I was beginning to think that the Liquorix kernel that I came to love and admire was dead at 3.7  ???  Big leap forward, but I'm eager to try it out.

Will have to wait until later, since it's nearly 4.a.m. and I need to get some sleep.

Thanks for posting. My last smxi was just a few days ago, and I was depressed that we were still on 3.7.

Sector11

Just grabbed it and the nvidia driver - looking good so far.
Stay Home

vrkalak

I'm using the 3.8.4.slh aptosid kernel from the aptosid repro, that is in the default VSIDO sources.list ... no problems, thus far.

I've used the Liquorix Kernel before (meh) ... it's OK, I guess. 

Thought, I'd give the aptosid slk-kernel a try.

ozitraveller

jefsview

working great with no problemos on the Xfce install.

Now to upgrade on the Fluxbox install.

ooh, goosebumps  ???

-- Jeff

Neon_Riots

I was comparing the Debian Mainline kernel to this new Liqourix kernel and it appears that Liqourix uses about 40-50mb less RAM at idle, and also releases RAM better than the stock kernel after closing programs.

I don't know a whole lot about the internals of these kernels, but why does VSIDO, #!, etc. not come with the Liqourix kernel by default?

VastOne

^ That is the very reason why I use Liquorix, less memory, less cpu and less heat

The Liquorix kernel is not for everyone though and like everything else in Debian, it is just an install away   :)

When VSIDO started there was a Liquorix kernel ISO, but that kernel does not play with xz compression on the ISO and the size was 880 Mib... It also is a lot harder to maintain several ISO's

Thanks for the suggestion !  :)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO