So here I am....I hope.

cdysthe

Hi,

I've been on Linux since 1998. My first install was Debian on a laptop. It took two weeks to get online. Today I'm a Linux user and need my Linux laptop to work at all times since my job requires it. I really like the concept of Vsido, but am afraid I am going to spend too much time getting all I need to work out of the box to really work. We will see! :)

VastOne

Welcome to VSIDO cdysthe!

One of the best things about VSIDO is the amount of things that do work out of the box.  You might want to check the How To on Ceni and Wifi that jedi did

Let us know of anything you may need

Thanks for joining and being a part of our community
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jst_joe

Welcome cdysthe!

Quote from: VastOneOne of the best things about VSIDO is the amount of things that do work out of the box.
Almost to the point of being scary!  ???
I keep waiting for the magic smoke to come out.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

Sector11

Welcome cdysthe!

Close your eyes and rub the side of the computer ...

and all will work out of the box!

Stay Home

jedi

Welcome to VSIDO cdysthe!  If you've been using Linux since 1998, this will be your best OOTB experience yet!  There are a lot of us here, and we're all willing to help.  The VSIDO distro is great, but the community here is pretty awesome as well.  Often overlooked, IMO is the irc channel (Freenode.net #VSIDO) where someone is always there and ready to answer questions.

Glad your here!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

lwfitz

Welcome cdysthe, glad your here! Ill second what jedi said. VSIDO alone is a fantastic OS but the community is where it rockets past the rest.
Don't Be A Dick!