A little feedback

VastOne

^ :D  ...

Sure, or just eliminate the problem child that is Xfce

I already have an ISO of just Fluxbox..  :-X
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

As much as I love Xfce I find that I have very little use for it anymore. I do hope this doesnt mean you got rid of thunar cuz I might weep a little
if thats true.

Just Fluxbox huh? No OB? Explain...... You have 3 min..... GO!
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

It's better than both Xfce and OB

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Oh crap that really was like 3 min....... impressive!

Great reason and I agree so you have my vote  ;D
Don't Be A Dick!

Sector11

VastOne said

It's better than both Xfce and OB

That's an opinion ... I think OB is better

and then he said:

And lighter

So is SliTaz GNU/Linux

Are you going to drop Xfce and OB?
Stay Home

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Does everything have to be so serious all the time?

I am tired, just tired.. It is suddenly like I can't do a damned thing right

This thread is called a little feedback, and I appreciate the opportunity to give back a little of my own

I did not build this for any one individual, but to try and accommodate several needs.  If I happen to like Fluxbox and think OB is very lacking, that is no new news to anyone.  I have never hid my dislike of OB, but that does not mean I would ever drop it.

What I do expect is for people who do like OB to champion it, for people who do like conky to champion it, for people who do like tint2 to champion it and of course for anyone who likes VSIDO to champion it too

I dev VSIDO

jedi

With all the work you do on your other projects, I'm still amazed at the "Awesomeness" (is that a word?) of VSIDO!  How you find the time, much less the patience to deal with some of us (me) amazes me as well.  (well I know for a fact lwfitz is a problem child as well  :D )
Since the addition of FB, I haven't looked back.  Xfce was the defacto standard for me for a long time, and I haven't used it since you and vrkalak pointed it out!
I'll definitely be "championing" (is that a word?) VSIDO!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

lwfitz

Some people called Einstein a problem child.......  ;D ;D

I enjoy all three (Xfce, FB and OB) but my opinion is that this is VastOnes vision and Im just here for the ride and from time to time I get to make suggestions.

And then heres where I stray from the pack....... I am loyal to one thing and one thing only when it comes to software and that is that I must be learning something new all the time. Just like in my everyday life once I think I know everything Im screwed. So right here and now I love OB and FB because they are both causing me to constantly learn.

From VastOnes last post I think he needs a hug, so here you go buddy......   

Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

A quick question about forum behavior - not the people, the actual forum.

When I post, the forum kicks me out to the main page that lists all the threads, not back to thread I was posting in. Is this normal behavior, or are my settings a bit whacked?

I didn't see any forum settings options - but it was a quick look.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

That is a user option, one that I thought was set globally for everyone to return to the same thread

I will check on the server end too

I dev VSIDO

ew

Quote from: VastOne on March 24, 2013, 02:06:50 AM
Does everything have to be so serious all the time?

I am tired, just tired.. It is suddenly like I can't do a damned thing right

This thread is called a little feedback, and I appreciate the opportunity to give back a little of my own

I did not build this for any one individual, but to try and accommodate several needs.  If I happen to like Fluxbox and think OB is very lacking, that is no new news to anyone.  I have never hid my dislike of OB, but that does not mean I would ever drop it.

What I do expect is for people who do like OB to champion it, for people who do like conky to champion it, for people who do like tint2 to champion it and of course for anyone who likes VSIDO to champion it too

I fully understand. You should continue to develop VSIDO in the direction that best serves your needs and your goals for the distro, whether it`s to best suite your own needs and wants, or it is to reach a bigger crowd and perhaps getting a little commercial, reselling hosting, be sponsored, accepting donations and/or have a little shop like Crunchbang.

You have to take care of your own interests of the distro, so that you don`t end up like Fragadelic in Remastersys. As long as you`re not commercial you shouldn`t be so concerned with what the users wants, because most people here are able to install and configure a DE/WM themselves, if they are not happy with whatever is the default at the moment. But I guess it all depends what your intentions are... Please others, or please yourself first, or something in the middle... It`s your distro, do it your way, and those that want`s to use it... do just that...

But now I was serious, and you are quite right, everything hasn`t got to be so serious. This should be fun. After all, it`s our free-time we are using on this. If it`s not fun, then it`s simply not worth it... Just my 2 cents...
-ew
-----------------------------
"What happens when you read some doc and either it doesn't answer your question or is demonstrably wrong? In Linux, you say "Linux sucks" and go read the code. In Windows/Oracle/etc you say "Windows sucks" and start banging your head against the wall."
--- Denis Vlasenko on lkml

fatmac

Good post ew, I quite agree, do your own thing VastOne, others will follow.  ;D
Linux since 1999
Distros: Debian, Crunchbang, AntiX, & now VSIDO

fatmac

@PackRat
Profile > Modify Profile > Look & Layout >Return To Topics After Posting By Default.

It was annoying me as well.  :)
Linux since 1999
Distros: Debian, Crunchbang, AntiX, & now VSIDO