VSIDO Debian ISO updated 2013-03-19 17:25 CST

VastOne

The ISO was updated, built, installed, tested and uploaded with no issues this afternoon.  The primary changes were:

1 - Installed lvm2 so easy lvm can be setup on the install, thanks xaos52!

2 - Fluxbox has now been made the primary WM of VSIDO.  Fluxbox will be the WM first seen on a LiveCD and Fluxbox will be the shown as the default on a first time login once installed.  Of course this can be changed to Xfce or OpenBox by using the drop down menu

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Very awesome news regarding the Fluxbox change!  Haven't used Xfce since getting FB going.  Haven't missed Xfce either, which I've really been surprised by, as that was one of the early attractions for me to VSIDO.
Downloading now...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

blaze

Downloading to check the live one for fun, it still says it is kernel 3.7 when the download window shows up in my browser, but is 3.8 right? my present Vsido install is on a small 60GB SSD disk and works awesomely well, if it continues in that way it will be installed to a bigger "normal" disk, will pop in to say how "great" the latest iso is after trying it  ;D
blazingaway

VastOne

^ blaze, yes it is 3.8

I will correct the file name and the download page

It's the little things that are so easily missed, thanks for pointing it out
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

blaze

as stated above... the latest iso is great... essential stuff like wireless, sound, youtube...works just as I expected. This time I did not go into color shock, am getting used to the bright shiny Vsido desktops. Honestly I think you should keep it that way, it is like your signature... and gives me something to change... since everything works so well ootbx it gives me something to do  :D
The only thing to mention is that in the Openbox menu there is a leftover of times past in the form of "Wicd" network manager. Great stuff VastOne, keep it up:)
blazingaway