Vsido blazeback...

blaze

Here is some of the promised feedback/praise of Vsido, praise yes! fantastic work VastOne, you can be proud of what you have achieved:)
I am an Openbox fan so Vsido fits me very well, and since #! is my favorite it is very easy to feel at home here. Earlier I mentioned that
I had to "unslick" it, I regret that choice of word, as Sector 11 (think it was him) pointed out that it is more a question of making it a little
less shiny. The cause for saying it is probably because of having the simple, effective austerity of the #! desktop so close at heart, and
then when the very bright colors hit me when I tested it the first time, I just got a little color shock, thats all. This is after all just a matter
of personal taste, so do not worry about Vsido being too slick. I have found a pleasant compromise in using the NewSlickness-brushed and
S11-SR-71-black themes against a reddish/pinkish/purplish space background. Have made the fonts smaller, but have kept the original styles of them, so far...
A very good choice of applications in the default setup if I may say so, have only added "Catfish", "Gufw", "Spotify" and "dmenu" of course,
a great tool imo. I have some on my waiting list, but first I want to try out some of the default ones instead of just adding stuff that I am used too.
"UMPlayer" will probably fit me very well, since I am an old school music listener that like to listen through an entire album (preferably a concept one;)
so am used to pick one from the music folder and therefore have no or very little use of making playlists. + with Spotify I have an ok player with an
unmatchable music library to select from."SpaceFM" will be a very interesting acquaintance, have heard a lot of positive things about it, "Thunar" is great though.
I like "Medit" a lot so no need to change that one, am writing this with it. Everything works very well so far, there are a couple of quirks though, but
I will get back to it later, want to confirm that there are things that are weird/buggy/quirky or whatever you want to call it, first.
For the future then... well all I can say is that it is up to you VastOne! Make Vsido as you want it, it is after all your child, the rest
is choice and an apt-get away, no worry. Have fun making it, that way the result will continue to be as good as it is today. Not that you
should stop listening to others opinions, but do not do stuff you dislike. Keep it real, simple as that. If/when I remember something that
is worth sharing, or asking about, "I`ll be back..." until then, have a blazingly good time everybody!   
blazingaway

VastOne

Thank you blaze, your feedback is appreciated.. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Consider dmenu added to the next ISO I build...  :)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

blaze

^ thanks,  that `s very cool me think, and yes, my Vsido adventures will continue...:)
blazingaway

blaze

Some weeks later, still running the same install of Vsido, am still impressed by the solid stability so far. Saw that there were a discussion about the installer here, as I remember it was  very
fast, but I had to restart the install a couple of times before I got it right. I can not remember exactly why now.... but on the other hand I am not the smartest kid on this block so there were probably some sort of  misdoing by myself. Will gladly do some testing if you change to the LMDE installer. Installed to an Kingston ssd disk, and have the fastest boot up time ever, 21 seconds, the best I have ever had, at the least that is what the default Conky says. Yeah had been thinking of changing Conky, but it is so discreet and simple that I`ve decided to keep it as it is, yeah I am no Conky tinkerer but appreciate to look at others achievements in the field. Well enough of my mumblings for now, oh am trying out the Statler & Waldorf themes atm, how lame is that?
blazingaway

blaze

have tried the 32 bit image live on my eeepc 1000H, nothing to complain or rant about,
the same for my asus A6000 laptop from 2005 ca, except that the wireless did not work
ootb there, some broadcom bla bla, great work again VastOne + testing staff, thanks :)
blazingaway