Geany Color Schemes

McLovin

I don't know how many of you are like me, but I like to have a certain look to things, and when they don't look quite the way I want them too, well, I change them, case in point, I couldn't find a Geany color scheme that I though was just right for me, so I made my own, and figured, "what the hell, I've shared everything else I've made on here, why not this too" so I did. This is a dark color scheme for Geany for those that like that sort of thing, (like me), obviously it's called McLovin Custom, what the hell else am I gonna call it, I'm not all the original or intelligent, or creative for that matter, but I diverse.
Here is a screenshot of the color scheme in both the schemes config, as well as a lua config
            config file example                                  Lua config example

I have attached the config as it's just a little text config file, so it's not using much space, VastOne, if you want, I'll start hosting the files on my own server and just giving links to them, just let me know and it shall be done
Visit my DeviantArt page and My Blog

Sector11

Ohhhhhh so close ... I thought I might be interested, then I realized it's not a "language" file.

Can you do languages files?

Why you ask - check Conky PitStop:
1. gedit and Conky
2. medit and Conky
3. nano, vim and Conky

I had one for medit called: ConkyLUA but I lost it ... must be here someplace.

Just a thought.   ;)

The only thing stopping me from using geany 100% of the time is it doesn't have a language file for Conky.  It has the one other thing I need; a spell checker (becuse i spel bad). 

I'd drop medit in an instant if geany had a conky, conkylua or a combination conky and lua language file to match:

http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html
http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html
and
http://conky.sourceforge.net/lua.html

I don't even know where to start.

BTW did you see this: ${tcp_portmon} - connection help nudgepushnudgepush
Stay Home

McLovin

I'll take a look at those language files and see if I can decipher how to get everything into it, I do know that it does have a lua language file built in, but not conky, or conkylua, so we'll see what I can come up with. (says the noob)

VastOne

Why not contact the geany devs and ask them about it?

From what I understand they are easy to contact and work with, they listen to requests and answer

For me personally, I am not enamored by geany... it is big bulky and ugly IMO
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

McLovin

Ok, I'll give that a shot, we'll see where it leads.
Somehow I feel like I'm ending up back in a PR role for another distro lol :p

VastOne

I like the Color scheme you created, well done

I'll take care of talking to the geany devs

I did spend the afternoon looking for language / programming / script files for geany and came up empty

I wouldn't mind hearing the issues with Medit since it already has conky language support

I dev VSIDO

McLovin

@VastOne, I don't mind helping with talking to other devs, like I said before, I did a ton of the PR for Mint in the beginning, so I know how to get things like that done, and I would feel like I'm actually coontributing to VSIDO in some way. I like the distro, and want to help with it

VastOne

OK, sounds great McLovin... I just wanted to make sure you did not feel you had to do it...

Thanks bud!

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

@ McLovin

Don't worry about it, It was just a thought . I figured it might be easier for you since you did a theme.  Different animal I know.

@ VastOne

Nothing wrong with medit, no issues at all, I love it.

But since VSIDO comes with geany installed and it is spell check capable (I installed it), has a built in terminal and colour picker. It makes sense to use it and I do, if it had a conky language file it would be a complete package.  I use medit for conky exclusively and geany for almost everything else.

"I" never use a word processor.
Stay Home

McLovin

Like I said, I'm see if I can just take the language files from medit and stuff, and then teach myself the geany language format, and see if I can do it on my own, and if not, I'll start working with the geany devs and see if they can help me out
@VastOne, if there is anything that you need a hand with, like i said, just let me know, as most of you know, I am/was a LinuxMint dev, and know how to get the word out about a new distro, and also can do some dev work, so I can help there too, just met me know if you need anything, I'm usually around, but I am going away for a few days on Monday, and prob wont be back till Friday, (girlfriends birthday, and our aniverserry)

Sector11

In my first post here I asked: can you do...

Hope no one feels I was being pushy or anything.  :(
Stay Home

jst_joe

@McLovin
Very nice work!  8)
I like dark it's easier on the old eyes.  :)

Quote from: Sector11But since VSIDO comes with geany installed and it is spell check capable (I installed it)
Thanks I didn't realize that, it was already installed on my box I just had to enable it.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

VastOne

^ Correct, it is just a matter of enabling it under plugins

Thanks for the clarity

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

Shhhhhhhhhh I installed it a long time ago in another distro and that carried over.  :D

I didn't realize that the plugins were installed in VSIDO by default.  That's another file I can remove from my "ainstall" script.  That's my personal "VSIDO Welcome" script.  Run once after a fresh install and all "my" apps are here.
Stay Home

VastOne

^ Someday we will wean you from that script....

And then VSIDO will be complete...  ;D

I dev VSIDO