March 2013 Screenshots

Sector11

@ jedi, who said:

Probably a bunch more to thank, but I'm forgetful...

As one of my early mentors once replied when I said:
Us newbies are a pain aren't we.
QuoteNew users are never a pain when they have as good of an attitude about learning as you have. I'm glad to help people like you.

I'm gonna do it the easy way from now on:  I'd like to thank everyone that has helped me you know who you are, and some of you don't!

Besides, I'm learning from you these days.
Stay Home

Sector11

@ jedi

But, but, but... Now there's a little naked man with an accordion dancing in a cloud? ???  I musta drunk too much of that milk...

Ahhhh Yes, I'll bet he has orange skin, one huge eye and it's not an accordion, he's spraying something in your eyes!   :D  :D
Stay Home

jedi

^ bwahahahaha...  :D  I asked for that didn't I?  :D
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Sector11

I know you're old enough to remember:

You asked for it, you got it!
T O Y O T A !

:D  ;D  :D
Stay Home

lwfitz

Quote from: Sector11 on March 19, 2013, 11:32:02 AM
It's only a joke jst_joe ....  I'm just over 27 years sober and I can see humour in it.

But I'll change it ...and the post... Done!

Awwww man I thought it was hilarious!
Don't Be A Dick!

vrkalak

lwfitz

Using one of Sector11's masterpieces on my laptop

Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

^ Nice lwfitz, supreme artwork...

It is also nice to see someone sticking with the Tint2 panel!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Thank you!

I love tint2. Its the only one that I dont end up cursing at because it wont do what I want it to do  :D
Don't Be A Dick!

jst_joe

It's only a joke jst_joe ....  I'm just over 27 years sober and I can see humour in it.

No, it was actually very funny.  :-[
I meant it as a joke (I've got a warped sense of humor) what can I say.  ::)
I'm coming up on 4 yrs sober, a friend's wife was shocked by something I said a few weeks ago.
He told her, "He's still Joe, he's just sober and can come up with sh!t much quicker now".  :D
Please put the other pic back up or the thread will have lost it's humor.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

Sector11

Quote from: jst_joe on March 20, 2013, 12:36:40 AM

No, it was actually very funny.  :-[
I meant it as a joke (I've got a warped sense of humor) what can I say.  ::)
I'm coming up on 4 yrs sober, a friend's wife was shocked by something I said a few weeks ago.
He told her, "He's still Joe, he's just sober and can come up with sh!t much quicker now".  :D
Please put the other pic back up or the thread will have lost it's humor.

Oops!  It's gone.  Along with a ton of my old wallpapers.  I have to start over since I got an early surprise birthday presents today from some family members ... an LG  23" 1920x1280 HD Monitor.  I cleaned out 90% of my 1280x1024 screens and have to starte over - have to grab all the neat VSIDO walls I couldn't use as well, and make new bigger conkys as well:

VSIDO mascot looking for VastOne in the pool!

Lot of work to do, my wife has some walls that need redoing  ... BUT #1 on the list:

• I will reproduce Milkaholic tomorrow and put it back, in honour of you upcoming 4 years.  Congratulations.
Stay Home

lwfitz

Wait........ you guys are sober?  :D

CONGRATS SECTOR11! How big was the old monitor? HAppy almost birthday!

Joe, I have a friend that will not sit next to me anywhere that he isnt allowed to laugh out loud cuz I have been diagnosed with
an inability to stfu and that causes extreme bouts of laughter..... mostly at my expense  ;D

And sector..... to answer a 2 month old email....... yes I am the one who asked for the date difference script. Just very slow in responding.
Don't Be A Dick!

Sector11

lwfitz was once heard as saying:

Wait........ you guys are sober?  :D

along with some other things ....

Well you see that's a matter of definition:

sober ~ adj
1. not affected by a chemical substance (especially alcohol)
          yup that's me!

2. dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises
          here there could be some doubt ... except for promises .. those I'm fairly good at keeping.

3. lacking brightness or color; dull
         oh ya, that's me! I'm as bright as a 30 watt bulb and like dark blue and black.

4. completely lacking in playfulness
         ummm define playfulness please, cuz I gotta a sense of humour - or so I've been told, they could be lying though to be nice.

Thanks!!! Birthday is in May ... and to answer your question the old one is a 17" Samsung 1280x1024 flatscreen - talk about a difference ... NOW I know what you guys see!

Since MIL chipped in she gets the old one, it will be better than her old 14" CRT monitor

Luke also said

Joe, I have a friend that will not sit next to me anywhere that he isnt allowed to laugh out loud cuz I have been diagnosed with  an inability to stfu and that causes extreme bouts of laughter..... mostly at my expense  ;D

Yea, I know that feeling too - from your end and your friends.  But hey, I've learned that it's OK to laugh at myself after all so many did it for so long I may as well join in the fun.

And sector..... to answer a 2 month old email....... yes I am the one who asked for the date difference script. Just very slow in responding.

I see our memory must be related ... I forgot all about that ... will post it today.

Next stop: Milkaholics: Done, read all about it!
Stay Home

Sector11

OK, today is the last day of summer - autumn arrives sometime tomorrow.
NOW I understand VastOne's larger text ... so much easier to read and looks good on the new real-estate.  It's an eye saver!

I have been reconfiguring font sizes and got a start on fixing a couple of conkys.

Top conky: larger font, centred and added an old "trash display" that "strash" cleans up. I like it!

strash
alias strash='mv ~/.local/share/Trash ~/Strange_Trash && mkdir ~/.local/share/Trash && mkdir ~/.local/share/Trash/files && mkdir ~/.local/share/Trash/info && rm -fr ~/Strange_Trash'

@ lwfitz:  Playing with Time and Dates in Conky as requested.
Stay Home

jedi

Oh Sector11 you have no idea how much I'm appreciating the fact that you have the new display!  This means that I can literally just grab all your stuff now with no 'adjusting' other than the paths.  (Of which I've tried to mimick also the best I can!)  It's also nice to know that I no longer have o feel bad when typing in 1920x1080!!!
Really glad you got the early present!!! Now post post post!!!  I expect the Conky config area to quickly fill up with more of your great work now so I can begin my "research" in earnest!!!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous