Proper Introducing ...

vrkalak

Hey, guys ... you might recognize me from the #!Crunchbang or LinuxMint Forums.

I have been a Linux user for several years.  Started with Fedora way back when. Moved to 'buntu for about 2 days, then found LinuxMint. A short while later discovered Crunchbang (Ubuntu-based).  Now, I only use Debian or Debian-based Distros.

I used the Xfce DE almost since my 1st day with Linux. Now, I primarily use either Openbox or Fluxbox WMs.

I am a Moderator for a couple of Forums - LinuxMint Forum, LostintheBox (Fluxbox) Forum and Ask.Debian.net
Also, an official Debian-Maintainer for the Fluxbox WM package.  Check out my work at http://vrkalak.deviantart.com

Since, Wheezy/Waldorf went into the 'freeze' I switched my sources.list to reflect the Sid repros, just to play around.
I am discovering that I rather like Sid (unstable).  After Wheezy/Waldorf goes stable, I might just keep this install of Sid on-hand and have another partition with a 'stable+backports' Debian on it (for work).

I just downloaded the lated ISO for VSIDO -- going to play around a bit.  Looks promising.  ;D

VastOne

Quite the resume you have there vrkalak.  I have known about you for several years and watched your path cross mine many times.  I had no idea how many things you were involved with. I am impressed!

I have been considering another WM as part of VSIDO and would like to know your thoughts about fluxbox.  Not as a user or maintainer but more of the value of having it as a choice within VSIDO

I look forward to your feedback about VSIDO, and what we can do to make it better... Both the distro and these forums

Thank you for joining and welcome to our slice of the debian world, I do hope you enjoy your stay!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

Darn!  You do all that and drink coffee too!  You're  8)

Good to see you here, vrkalak, pull up a chair and set a spell.
Stay Home

lwfitz

Welcome vrkalak. Glad your here  ;D
Don't Be A Dick!

vrkalak

Quote from: Sector11 on February 21, 2013, 08:07:40 PM
Darn!  You do all that and drink coffee too!
:D Yes, and coffee, too.

Haven't been too active these past 3 months - my longtime girlfriend of 32 years passed on.  She was the expert coffee chef.

Sector11

I am very sorry to hear that my friend.  My condolences.
Stay Home

VastOne

I am very sorry to hear that as well vrkalak, you have my condolences...
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Welcome to VSIDO vrkalak!  Sorry to hear of your loss...
It sounds as if you bring a huge amount of knowledge to our community!!!  I've seen some of your posts at the #! forums as well as the ask.debian.net forums.  We're lucky to have you.
Again, welcome...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

vrkalak

Thanks for your generous comments ... you're going to make me blush.   :D

Sector11

Looking at your avatar I would say that we succeeded.   :D
Stay Home

jst_joe

Welcome vrkalak!  Sorry to hear about your loss...
The coffee might not be as good here but the company's not bad.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

dizzie

Welcome vrkalak!

The coffee here is awesome, the cake however is a lie!

;D
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

vrkalak

Quote from: dizzie on February 24, 2013, 11:57:02 AM
The coffee here is awesome, the cake however is a lie!
... pours a cup of fresh coffee.  Looks through the pantry "do we has any cookies?"

dizzie

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

Sector11

↑ if vrkalak says no I'll take a couple.   :)
Stay Home