Seduced by Siduction...

VastOne

Then you must have called for that kernel to update?  I am not understanding how a normal update would pull in a kernel change from aptosid... I understand it is there because of the sources, but there is no way a simple update should be installing that kernel
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

vrkalak

^  Here's what I did.

I installed the .iso
Did my initial apt-get update and dist-upgrade.
Then manually updated the linux-image* (kernel) via the Terminal.  (the aptosid repro is in the default sources.list)

I did not use sxmi or Liquorix.

VastOne

Aye... the manual part makes sense now..  I just did the same thing on one install. 

You had me worried, I thought that somehow a normal apt-get update / apt-get dist-upgrade had somehow installed the wrong kernel

Thanks
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

vrkalak

^ like with most every distro, I've ever tried anew.

I figure "tweak it, 'til you break it" then either fix it or re-install.

tlinsley

QuoteNot really an issue, but I noticed that after installing the new towo kernel there was no grub entry for the previous kernel.  Is that resultant from installing with smxi?  Or is it by VastOne design?  Just curious...

^False alarm.  Turns out that if you scroll down to the second grub menu option, named "Advanced Options", all your installed kernels await you in a sub-menu.  So it's a feature!

After continued use of the 3.8 towo kernel, I have encountered no issues except...

VirtualBox guest additions refuse to compile under the 3.8 kernel.  Assuming next release of guest additions will address that.  So until then, if you are running as a Vbox guest, you might want to remain on 3.7 kernel.

hinto

@Sector11 I meant machine name ;)
-H
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton