Seduced by Siduction...

tlinsley

Smxi'd up the latest towo kernel (3.8-0.towo-siduction-amd64).  Everything is purring like a cheetah kitten.  No issues to report.

System:    Host: vsido Kernel: 3.8-0.towo-siduction-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Xfce 4.10.0 Distro: VSIDO
Machine:   Mobo: Dell model: 0P792H version: A04 Bios: Dell version: A04 date: 11/26/2008
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6400 (-MCP-) cache: 2048 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 ssse3)
           Clock Speeds: 1: 1200.00 MHz 2: 1200.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
           X.org: 1.12.4 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) tty size: 96x30 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Audio:     Card: Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: k3.8-0.towo-siduction-amd64
Network:   Card-1: Broadcom BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller driver: b43-pci-bridge
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter>
           Card-2: Broadcom NetLink BCM5784M Gigabit Ethernet PCIe driver: tg3
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (24.0% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: WDC_WD3200BEVT size: 320.1GB
Partition: ID: / size: 9.1G used: 7.1G (83%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda8 label: N/A
           ID: /home size: 258G used: 65G (27%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda7 label: N/A
           ID: swap-1 size: 7.97GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda6 label: N/A
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 39.0C mobo: 39.0C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 128 Uptime: 1 min Memory: 145.6/3919.7MB Client: Shell (sudo) inxi: 1.8.38

dizzie

Topic moved, wasnt really a support issue, as everything is working fine :D
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

hinto

^I've [mainly] used the distros (or the sources.list) from the guys that created siduction since about 2006, when Kanotix was based on SID.
-Hinto
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

tlinsley

@Hinto:  Does that mean you are using Siduction repos instead of Debian?  Or in conjunction?

tlinsley

Not really an issue, but I noticed that after installing the new towo kernel there was no grub entry for the previous kernel.  Is that resultant from installing with smxi?  Or is it by VastOne design?  Just curious...

hinto

@tlinsley  I track siduction (instead of sid)
-Hinto
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

VastOne

@ tlinsley, as far as I know, nothing smxi does (update-grub after the towo install) or anything I have done or have implemented should have affected the previous kernel

This is curious...  Have you tried another update-grub to see what it shows?
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

tlinsley

Smxi did a grub-update and according to the output it was successful.  Won't be on that system for a couple of days, but when next I access it I will perform another grub-update and post the results.

As I mentioned, not really an issue for me (since I took pre-update fsarchive backup  ;) ).  But yes it is curious behavior.

hinto

Did you remove any kernels during the smxi?  smxi offers that in "advanced kernel options" (if I recall the option correctly)
-Hinto

VastOne

Quote from: tlinsley on February 21, 2013, 12:27:27 PM

since I took pre-update fsarchive backup  ;)

Like a BOSS... well done!  Glad to see another fan of fsarchiver.

I just used it yesterday to create another 3 build environments... I have the build now down to 1 gig via fsarchiver.  It takes about 4 minutes to backup and only 3 minutes to restore to a new machine

So every time I have a major change on the ISO, I simply fsarchive it from where it was built and just overwrite it on the other machines..

so clean it is SCARY ...  ???

I dev VSIDO

hinto

^reminds me... it's lunchtime... Time to install VSIDO.... now to come up with a clever name....
Juelp-> Mint
ElCid-> Siduction
#!-> CaptainCrunch (that was obvious)
Mint KDE (my kids)-> minty (after "My Little Pony")
OpenSolaris-> LouisXIV (the Sun King)
VSIDO-> ?

Maybe I should auction the name off ;)

-Hinto

Sector11

Stay Home

vrkalak

I, just today, downloaded and installed the new version of VSIDO and it came with this kernel after initial update.

Linux 3.8-0.slh.1-aptosid-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 19 00:54:45 UTC 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

So far - so good  :)

VastOne

^ Did you use smxi for that kernel or aptosid sources?

I dev VSIDO

vrkalak

Quote from: VastOne on February 22, 2013, 02:11:50 AM
^ Did you use smxi for that kernel or aptosid sources?
Just updated using the default sources.list (I changed nothing)