VSIDO Debian ISO updated

VastOne

Sorry jst_joe...

I am just finishing up the upload of a new one.. try again in 15 minutes and you will be good to go...

It will be worth the wait, 609 MiB in size... a couple of issues with icons that need fixing, I will post on that later
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jst_joe

Thanks!
I've got an extra 64GB SSD I want to try this on.  :)
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

VastOne

Timing this just right... the upload just completed as I hit reply

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Awesome build VastOne.  Fastest install for me yet.  5 minutes 5 seconds!  8)
(pic to prove it?)  I know I heard that somewhere before...

Install was effortless, fast, wireless was a breeze using Ceni.... What's not to love?
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Sector11

@ VastOne - if it's your signature - keep it.   :D
Stay Home

VastOne

^ I did locate and correct the source of the Autograph issue...

I have also corrected the icon issue from the previous build... I have left Linux-lex8 as part of the install

The new ISO is 646 MiB, I can live with this

I am testing an install of it now and when it is finished I will upload the ISO.  All should be completed in 90 minutes... 1:30 CST

I dev VSIDO

jst_joe

Quote from: VastOne on February 15, 2013, 05:01:02 AM
Timing this just right... the upload just completed as I hit reply

Ran the installer on the SSD this evening everything went without a hiccup, enabled trim and set up some tweaks from this post by mynis01 on the #! forum.
Ran smxi and got the 3.7.0-8.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 kernel, damn this is fast from hitting enter at the grub menu to a login screen is about 5 seconds.
The only problem I can tell is, I can't see any boot errors it just flashes.   :D

[edit] for typo
VSIDO

VastOne

Great to hear that jst_joe, well done ...  8)

I have found that with the latest ISO, the boot time is blazing fast even without a trimmed up SSD

:D

I dev VSIDO

jst_joe

^ Sure, pop my SSD bubble!  :'(
Just kidding.  :)
I've also noticed programs like gimp, libreoffice4, iceweasel and others don't even hesitate.
VSIDO

Sector11

^ I did locate and correct the source of the Autograph issue...

I would have changed it. "Welcome to VSIDO" and left it for people with an sda7 partition!  8)

I'll have to test it you know, but I just upgraded my system with the build prior to this.  Is there that much difference in the running that it would justify starting from scratch again?
Stay Home

VastOne

No.. There is nothing new on the ISO worth starting from scratch..

It was a 'cleanup on aisle number 5' build

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

{grabbing a mop and a bucket} ... what isle again?

OK, that's cool because I'm just gutting this build setup nicely with only one nasty thorn that has been an issue right through since the beginning of my using #!.
Stay Home