LinuxLex-8 icons

hinto

I'm as cool as the next guy with the "shiny appearance" of vsido out of the box.
But to quote  Raj Koothrappali from the "Big Bang Theory", "Satin pajamas in satin sheets made me fall out of bed 2 times".  So, if I tone down the shinyness and change the icons, I get missing icons in tint2.  I know I can "fix" this, but is there something out of the box that was overlooked?
-Hinto
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

VastOne

Yes and yes... I have been thinking a lot about the icon base and how to fix it

First of all, icons are very subjective and a pain to maintain, especially when it comes to tint2 and the setup..  I can easily change the location of the image files in the tint2 configs (this would make tint2 easier to maintain) and get rid of Linux-Lex 8 and make it a part of the post install script

This would cut down on the size of the ISO since LinuxLex-8 is huge in size.

The trouble with that is what to replace it with and keep the same general look.  Tint2 I can handle (and I am going to do this anyway to take it out of the equation), but a different icon base will change the look of apps too as we all know

Thanks for raising this issue hinto.  Now lets all debate it in a civil way and get a resolution...  ;D
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hinto

^ is that a 24x24, 32x32, 48x48 or an svg resolution ;)
BTW I have an uncle who is a hardware engineer.  He pokes at me by saying "That's why they call it software; it's easier to change" ;)
-Hinto
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

VastOne

^snarky bastaaad!

Nice!   ::)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hinto

hope you mean my uncle.  he claims he "releases the smoke" from the chip, rather than burning it.
-H