[solved]language?

drum

Now i'm running vsido in live-mode, when i install this to the hdd is there an option to set your native language?
It's not the software that's free; it's you.

"It does what I expect of it, when I expect it - otherwise, stays out of my way."

VastOne

Yes there is one on the very first question of the installer
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

Hi Drum and Welcome to VSIDO.

VSIDO is no different than any Debian install in this respect and in fact uses the Debian Installer an installer built by the Remastersys developer fragadelic - which is very straight forward easy to follow.

The installer allows you to change your "locale" (ie: language) and keyboard layout.

Note though that it will continue to use "US English" for the install.

For this reason when it comes to setting passwords and users ... I skip directly to the last entry and type my password in to make sure it is correct as my "latam" keyboard has a different layout and it will not take affect until I finish the install.

Once I "see" my password for root is correct I copy and past it to the first two spots where I only see "dots".

EDITED see below ... I didn't know it wasn't the Debian Installer.
Stay Home

VastOne

Well said Sector11!

The only exception is that VSIDO does not use the Debian installer but an installer built by the Remastersys developer fragadelic

When I first saw this installer, I thought it was the newest Debian installer and I was wrong ... (that is now 2 times jedi!!!) ... that may be where the confusion is
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

As a wise man once told me; "I allow myself the right to make three mistakes a day before I panic.  If I get to #3, I immediately allow for another 3."

And if that works for him .... I'm 8)
Stay Home

drum

tnx. for the answer guys, now it's to late but tomorrow i will install it on my desktop(to bad for pclinuxos)also a great tip that the installer is in us englisch(qwerty) because i have nl belgium(azerty)
It's not the software that's free; it's you.

"It does what I expect of it, when I expect it - otherwise, stays out of my way."

Sector11

Stay Home