Conky Support, Codes and Screenshots

Sector11

^ Other than using a LUA script by someone else I have no idea.  I think that Lua API page came about in prep for conky v2 that is LUA based, so they say.  When that happens I'll retire and let you LUA geniuses  take over.

I'll be like our very own jedi,  copy/paste & display.  :D
Stay Home

Sector11

HEY!  The wallpaper came from me - finding it in the net, someplace, a long time ago, that was created by someone else.

All jst_joe did was create and add that really super cool reflecting:

vsido
ʌsıpo

... and one could have done that!

... well except me! :D  :D

Just kidding, joe did a great job.
Stay Home

Sector11

There is only one word that can accurately describe the math of mrpeachy + falldown = conky:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Stay Home

lwfitz

Finally got a little time to mess around with this....... maybe finish it up tomorrow

Don't Be A Dick!

lwfitz

Heres what Im working on right now

Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

Falldown, your directions are succinct and easily followed!  I have a dilemma involving the weather alert box.  Is there a way to make the box "grow" if the alerts end up being larger than the box can hold?  Hope that makes sense.  Here's a pic of what I'm trying to say;

I'm not a coder obviously and don't know if this is even possible.  Is there a way for the Conky to 'detect' when the text reaches the bottom of the box, and makes the box increase in size to match?  Like a 'thinking' box for each section...  On the last.fm box which is the next box down, maybe do a wrap text function for the song playing if it's title goes to long???  Hey I'm new to this stuff and am not sure what can and can't be done...  Obviously if the boxes can be dynamically re-sized, and the text wrapped, this would 'fix' things.  I think...  Like I said, I don't know what is and is not possible with the coding...

None of this is urgent or worth dropping any of your current projects over, just thought I'd ask...  Your making some incredible stuff with Peachy's lua....  Hopefully the above makes sense...  As I said, I know nothing about code...

Jed
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

falldown

Jed the last fm is on the back burner for a bit. The feed sends it as is.. "artist"-"title".. not much I can do with that.
I to am not a coder at all.

The text box growing to fit text might be a possibility.
This is all in lua.. so I will see what I can find out about it.

falldown

GrouchyGaijin

Hi Guys,

Sector_11 told me this is where all the cool Conky folks are hanging these days so I figured I'd swing by.

Below is a link to my desktop with it's five conkies.  Most of the stuff is running off of Mark's scripts.
The one really cool thing is that I set up DavMail to access my work Exchange account via Thunderbird on my Linux machine.  That works nicely with Mark's conkyEmail script.

http://i.imgbox.com/abjhGLuM.png

Thank you,

GG
Thank you,

GG

falldown

GG very nice setup you have there!!
Welcome to VSIDO!!.
If you like you can go on over to the introductions thread and meet the community.

Most of the conky fanatics are roaming around here somewhere..
Looking forward to your setups.  ;D

Sector11

Yea, I'm here.  I see the GrouchyGaijin has joined us.

Welcome friend!

I've known GG for a while now and never been able to figure out the Grouchy part.
The Gaijin kinda fits Mark's nick: kaivalagi, but I'm not saying

BTW, thumbnails are welcome here.
Stay Home

falldown

First look at the right side conky with all windows closed..

Going to stick with this theme.
Still have more to do, but this is the general look of both conkys.

VastOne

That is so EPIC!

Nice falldown!  ;D
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Welcome GrouchyGaijin!  Nice layout and design...

Thanks to Sector11 for getting you here!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

falldown

Thanks Sir!!  :)

Now to do the open window setup.  ;D