Conky Support, Codes and Screenshots

jedi

Quote from: mrpeachy on January 19, 2013, 03:43:40 AM
Good day Sector11!
Hey mrpeachy!  Good to see you here!  Sorry I don't have a quick scrot to post...  Conky, Conky, Conky....
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Sector11

^ ^ @ falldown OK here's a list ... I don't think there is a single thing in here that isn't generic and the list is probably bigger than you want BUT it's as complete as I can make it.  Your job now to pick and choose:

TEXT
machine
uptime or uptime_short
kernel
nodename
nodename_short
freq
freq_g

time --- in it's various forms ... check out ${time %X} that's excellent for what you want.
- - except my locale isn't here, Argentina, (22:28:56), it's Canada (10:28:26 PM) so I use: ${time %T}   ;D I gotta be different.
${time %T}

Time
====
%H Two digit representation of the hour in 24-hour format 00 through 23
%I Two digit representation of the hour in 12-hour format 01 through 12
%l   (lower-case 'L') Hour in 12-hour format, with a space preceeding single digits 1 through 12
%M Two digit representation of the minute 00 through 59
%p UPPER-CASE 'AM' or 'PM' based on the given time Example: AM for 00:31, PM for 22:23
%P lower-case 'am' or 'pm' based on the given time Example: am for 00:31, pm for 22:23
%r Same as "%I:%M:%S %p" Example: 09:34:17 PM for 21:34:17
%R Same as "%H:%M" Example: 00:35 for 12:35 AM, 16:44 for 4:44 PM
%S Two digit representation of the second 00 through 59
%T Same as "%H:%M:%S" Example: 21:34:17 for 09:34:17 PM
%X Preferred time representation based on locale, without the date Example: 03:59:16 or 15:59:16
%z Either the time zone offset from UTC or the abbreviation (depends on operating system) Example: -0500 or EST for Eastern Time
%Z The time zone offset/abbreviation option NOT given by %z (depends on operating system) Example: -0500 or EST for Eastern Time

Day
===
%a An abbreviated textual representation of the day Sun through Sat
%A A full textual representation of the day Sunday through Saturday
%d Two-digit day of the month (with leading zeros) 01 to 31
%e Day of the month, with a space preceding single digits 1 to 31
%j Day of the year, 3 digits with leading zeros 001 to 366
%u ISO-8601 numeric representation of the day of the week 1 (for Monday) though 7 (for Sunday)
%w Numeric representation of the day of the week 0 (for Sunday) through 6 (for Saturday)

Month
=====
%b Abbreviated month name, based on the locale Jan through Dec
%B Full month name, based on the locale January through December
%h Abbreviated month name, based on the locale (an alias of %b) Jan through Dec
%m Two digit representation of the month (with leading zeros) 01 to 12

Year
====
%y Two digit representation of the year Example: 09 for 2009, 79 for 1979
%Y Four digit representation for the year Example: 2038

Century
=======
%C Two digit representation of the century (year divided by 100, truncated to an integer) 19 for the 20th

Week
====
%g Two digit representation of the year going by ISO-8601:1988 standards (see Week: %V) Example: 09 for the week of January 6, 2009

%G The full four-digit version of %g Example: 2008 for the week of January 3, 2009

%U Week number of the given year, starting with the first Sunday as the first week
13 (for the 13th full week of the year)

%V ISO-8601:1988 week number of the given year, starting with the first week of the year with at least 4 weekdays, with Monday being the start of the week 01 through 53 (where 53 accounts for an overlapping week)

%W A numeric representation of the week of the year, starting with the first Monday as the first week 46 (for the 46th week of the year beginning with a Monday)

Time and Date Stamps
====================
%c Preferred date and time stamp based on local Example: Tue Feb 4 00:45:10 2009 for February 4, 2009 at 12:45:10 AM
%D Same as "%m/%d/%y" Example: 02/05/09 for February 5, 2009
%F Same as "%Y-%m-%d" (commonly used in database datestamps) Example: 2009-02-05 for February 5, 2009
%s Unix Epoch Time timestamp (same as the time() function) Example: 305815200 for September 10, 1979 08:40:00 AM
%x Preferred date representation based on locale, without the time Example: 02/05/09 for February 5, 2009

Miscellaneous
=============
%n A newline character ("\n") ---
%t A Tab character ("\t") ---
%% A literal percentage character ("%") ---

CPU
cpu cpu1 --- two safe bets
cpu cpu0 --- two safe bets

cpubar
cpugauge
cpugraph

desktop
desktop_name
desktop_number

memory
mem
membar
memeasyfree
memfree
memgauge
memgraph
memmax
memperc

swap
swap
swapbar
swapfree
swapmax
swapperc

file system
fs_bar
fs_bar_free
fs_free
fs_free_perc
fs_size
fs_type
fs_used
fs_used_perc

tcp_portmon --- this can be exausting is you wish.
I created a "FireWall Monitor" with this - conky later

tcp_portmon    port_begin port_end item (index)    

TCP port (both IPv6 and IPv4) monitor for specified local ports. Port numbers must be in the range 1 to 65535. Valid items are:

count - Total number of connections in the range
    rip - Remote ip address
    rhost - Remote host name
    rport - Remote port number
    rservice - Remote service name from /etc/services
    lip - Local ip address
    lhost - Local host name
    lport - Local port number
    lservice - Local service name from /etc/services

The connection index provides you with access to each connection in the port monitor. The monitor will return information for index values from 0 to n-1 connections. Values higher than n-1 are simply ignored. For the "count" item, the connection index must be omitted. It is required for all other items.

Examples:

${tcp_portmon 6881 6999 count} - Displays the number of connections in the bittorrent port range
    ${tcp_portmon 22 22 rip 0} - Displays the remote host ip of the first sshd connection
    ${tcp_portmon 22 22 rip 9} - Displays the remote host ip of the tenth sshd connection
    ${tcp_portmon 1 1024 rhost 0} - Displays the remote host name of the first connection on a privileged port
    ${tcp_portmon 1 1024 rport 4} - Displays the remote host port of the fifth connection on a privileged port
    ${tcp_portmon 1 65535 lservice 14} - Displays the local service name of the fifteenth connection in the range of all ports

Note that port monitor variables which share the same port range actually refer to the same monitor, so many references to a single port range for different items and different indexes all use the same monitor internally. In other words, the program avoids creating redundant monitors.

top --- and it's varients

top    type num
        This takes arguments in the form:top (name) (number) Basically, processes
        are ranked from highest to lowest in terms of cpu usage, which is what
        (num) represents. The types are: "name", "pid", "cpu", "mem", "mem_res",
        "mem_vsize", "time", "uid", "user", "io_perc", "io_read" and "io_write".
        There can be a max of 10 processes listed.

top_io
top_mem
top_time

tztime -> if you want to put various world times

user_names
user_number
user_terms
user_times

Hope that helps more than hinders.
Stay Home

falldown

PERFECT S11!!
Exactly what I was looking for.. a complete list and I knew you were the man to ask.  8)
Thank you S11:)

falldown

Had to refresh the thread a few times to see if that was really you Peachy..
Thanks for coming by and saying Hi!!
Hope life is treating you well Sir.. and look forward to seeing you around.

I have about 6 unfinished interactive conkys now..  :( 
but I will finish them at some point.

Sector11

^ You're welcome.  Looking forward to seeing what your do with it.

Any questions just ask.
Stay Home

falldown

VastOne

That is just awesome!   ;D
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

falldown

Thank you VastOne.
I am working on making it more "Generic" so that it is easier to setup and maintain.

jedi

Wow Sector11, that is a lot of useful info!!!  You should create a thread or something called Conky variables and arguments at the top of these forums that is quick to get to for those of us with Conky addiction problems.   ::)  There's a lot in here I didn't even know that Conky would/could do!  Thanks for this though I know it was intended as a Jumping off point for falldowns great work...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Falldown, all I can say is "THAT IS STUNNING"!!!!  Your work is an honor to ste** I mean *borrow*, and I can't wait for this one to be done!  I thought the last one I got from you was awesome but this, holy crap, this is way awesome!  When it's done/ready please let me know so I can have this beauty on my wonderful desktop that you've almost single-handedly created!  Thank-you in advance for this.

Also, big thanks and big Hello to mrpeachy.  I know it's his 'interactive lua' thats helped you get this tuned to perfection!!!
Forum Netiquette

falldown

Thanks for the kind words Jed.
The genius is Peachy's script.. my contribution is only the part that is seen.
Right now I am trying a few different themes.. so maybe at some point an interactive conky can be a conky option for VSIDO.

jedi

The one in the video you made is perfection if you ask me!  I'd love to have one like it.  I'm just like S11 in that I can 'play' in others scripts, but am clueless to make one on my own.  Anyway, the one in the video looks great to me, and I'd love to have one just like it!!!  (hint hint hint)    ;D
Forum Netiquette

jedi

I can't remember, but I think the wallpaper came from jst_joe.  It's awesome!!!!  Conky on the left is the great one's (falldown) work, and the weather at top right is arclance's work.  The mail is courtesy of VastOne!!!

I'd like to take this time to say thanks to all the great artists at the VSIDO Community!  Your really making me look good when I post in other places!   :D  Please keep up the great work!  My specialty is plagiarizing all of you guy's work!!!  ;)

Forum Netiquette

Sector11

I'm glad you like it Jed ... but all I did was start with a generic conky I have here and then went to one of three bookmarks that I have, no sense in recreating something that already exists and it kept up to date faster than I am aware at times: (the names are as they exist in my CPS+ bookmarks)

Conky - Below TEXT - Variables

The other two are also must for a true conky addict - if you don't have the three, you are not addicted.  OK, that's an opinion.

Conky - Above TEXT - Settings, and
Conky Lua API - I don't use this much . YET!

falldown you seeing that last one?

Then I added one of my many text files: /media/5/Conky/Tips-Tricks-info/Time_2.txt, because it is handy an had some info that I thought falldown might like to use.

There are 114 "items" in that Tips-Tricks-Info directory, 7 of them are sib-directories.
Over time I think most of that info will be found right here.  A LOT of it isn't even up at CPS.
Stay Home

falldown

You are the man S11;D

Most of my configs these days are through lua.. which use conky_parse.
I have yet to find a command that conky_parse cannot pull from conky.