New to VSIDO but not to the groups posts.

Jmagick

Saying hi and thanks to all who help and don't even know it. I have read most of your posts both here and at CB. So much knowledge!
Presently running VSIDO in a vm, looking for a hi-performance, low resource distro to do my photo editing. I only have one issue which soon will be solved by loading to a dedicated drive.
Thanks again and kudos.
J

VastOne

Welcome Jmagick, we are glad to have you!

I think you will really enjoy the last option in the vsido-welcome that installs

gimp inkscape mtpaint gcolor2 shotwell darktable rawtherapee

Let me know of any other packages you think could go there..  My daughter is a professional photographer and we went through all that she uses in the Windows world and those listed above pretty much matches what she uses.
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

Welcome Jmagick, nice to meet you.

I'll bet you'll be on a HDD real soon.  Then looking forware to seeing some of your work.
Stay Home

Jmagick

@VO
Have them already, I do use Digicam on occasion. Didn't look yet... but I believe it's in the repos.
Side note... Haven' tested VSIDO with Gimp yet, haven't been able to set up shared folders in the vm. Some issue that's being address about the current sid kernel?
Dedicated drive will solve this.

@S11
About seeing my work? I put the amateur in Amateur Photography  :)
My claim to fame is restoring old photographs. When I have a little more time, I'll post some of them. Before and Afters.

Sector11

That would be awesome. What seems like a hundred years ago I knew a guy that did that in a darkroom.  He was some good.

I would imagine that's a dead skill now though with everything being digital.

I miss my old B&W darkroom.
Stay Home

lwfitz

Welcome Jmagick! Glad your here! If resource light is what your looking for then you are in the right place. Personally Ive gotten a fully functional openbox setup down to 85mb at boot and some have gotten lower than that on i3.

Im looking forward to seeing some of those restored pictures  :)
Don't Be A Dick!

jst_joe

Welcome Jmagick.
You're going to like it just fine here.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

jedi

Welcome to VSIDO Jmagick!  This place is THE place!!!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

falldown

Welcome to the show Jmagic.. The snack bar is somewhere around here.. they keep moving it on me.