Installation Feedback

jedi

Sorry for the tardiness of this, just haven't been able to 'geek' much the last few days.

I installed the newest iso this morning with no issues.  None.  However, you can read on if you want a little more info than that...

Used wget to grab the new VSIDO iso then installed this morning.  Install went without a single issue.  Logged into Xfce, perfection, logged out and then into OB, perfection again.  Logged back out, jumped to tty1 and as 'sudo su' ran smxi for the first time.  I always do it using 'sudo su' because I always have.  smxi, no issues, everything did its thing, quit the script, rebooted, no issues.  Logged into OB, did a 'apt-get update' and a 'dist-upgrade', no issues.  Then installed the public key for Bumblebee, added the Bumblebee info to the /etc/apt/sources.list, ran update/dist-upgrade again, got Bumblebee installed/configured no issues.  Rebooted, tested Bumblebee with the following successful results.  (see pic of Bumblebee improvement of video running 'glxgears'.)

Noticed that the Kernel updated to
Linux vsido 3.7-trunk-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.7.3-1~experimental.1 x86_64 GNU/Linux  All this took perhaps a half-hour total.
Next pic, 'inxi -F'

Runs perfect, no issues!  (I know I said that at the beginning)  :D
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

falldown

Thanks Jed.. nice write up.  :)

I have installed new iso twice.. both flawless.