UFO/UAP in the night sky

PackRat

Went out to set off some fireworks tonight and spotted a UFO (or UAP if you prefer). Changed directions twice including a 90-degree turn then just hovered for about 5 min before blinking out. Daughter managed to get a short video; this is a screen capture:

Shaw Air Force base is out in the general direction we were looking so maybe USAF has a new toy.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

Incredible.. What's you and your daughters gut feeling about what it is?
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

My gut feeling is always USAF.

I worked in Nevada for 20+ years and saw a lot of lights in the sky. Usually comes down to the USAF or JPL doing nighttime flight testing. This one weekend, there were light all over the sky north of Las Vegas (which is the direction of Area 51). Thousands of people saw them. I was working outside of Ely, NV, and when I came down for breakfast, there were six JPL people sitting there drinking coffee and talking shop. Major security violation.

However, when you see these lights make the 90-degree turns, all bets are off. If you've gauged the altitude fairly accurately, then the turn would be at high speed. The generated G-force will kill anyone inside - especially if it comes to a stop - and probably tear the craft apart. No known airplane can pull that maneuver.

About 6 weeks ago, I saw something similar. A white light in the sky about the same size as a star was cruising across the night sky. Then it started changing directions - so not a satellite or commercial airline. Then it executed three 90-degree turns. If that was a craft at the edge of space or actually in outer space, no way it doesn't break apart. So I'll go with ET on that one.

Getting a good read on the scale is always the problem with these sightings.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo