VSIDO Forum/Site updated to SMF 2.14

VastOne

I took the plunge to upgrade to the latest version of SMF to 2.14

The host has been a bitch lately, they being one.com because of several database errors that they claimed were not true because they could not replicate the error. I ended up giving them the solution and I believe they applied it since I have not seen the database error in a while..

As you see, the look for now is obviously quite different, I have a couple of themes I will be playing around with but to be fair and honest, I miss Crip the amazing human being who he was and his theme that we used for a decade

Holler at me if you run into any issues and I am always open to suggestions
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

New forum looks good.

One issue; I see a "Show IP Address (?)" under everyone's user name and can get the ip address by clicking on it. Is everyone seeing this, or is it a moderator only feature?
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

That is correct RatMan, only moderators can see IP's

I have not loaded any mods that were needed in the past.. some old links are not working but can be tweaked to work such as the youtube links

The defaults seem to have everything needed and inserting things is a hell of a lot easier

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I just went to the last page of the Just listened to thread and edited all the youtube entries with the new format.. It's a pretty easy and seamless way to get it done, I'll take care of the other 29 pages as time goes on

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Hey RatMan I have changed to this ProCurve theme because everything works on it and IMO looks cleaner ... For anyone paying attention you can change your theme within your Settings by clicking on Look and Layout

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

It has also come to my attention that email notification settings were altered with the new forum, they push for more of the online notifications.. I had to reset my email notifications to get emails again

I dev VSIDO