KiCad [ SOLVED ]

Gordon

Hi folks.
Once again I am in need of your valuable time and efforts. I have downloaded KiCad for the second time and still can't get it to work. I have been on the official site and asked for assistance there but the only reply was from someone using windows not that helpful and I didn't really understand what he meant. OK the problem, when trying to place a symbol on the schematic no library of components appear although they are all in usr/share/kicad/library. The other person said that I have to have them in the schematic that I am creating which seem crazy to me as they seem to be in a global area already.
Any help please and if they have to be placed in the schematic where and how do I get them there  :)
Cheers
Just realized posted in the wrong section I think. Please move mods thanks
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

Gordon

Hi Folks
Managed to figure it out in the end with a lot of aggro and messing about. If you kneed to know you first of all have open a project then open a schematic then click on Preferences manage symbol libraries which will bring up a screen with two headings  global and present schematic then on the bottom left you will see a plus sign , up and down arrows and one other box, can't remember what it looks like, click on that sign which brings up another screen with all your sections, root docs etc go to root and look for " usr/share/kicad/library " and select the items you are looking for from the list and when that is done close them all down back to the schematic and you will then be able to add the components you want.
I selected the whole lot and put them into global, figured it would save time and messing about
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO