Long live VSIDO

jedi

So, read up everyone!  In theory, this marks the 12th year for VSIDO.  A long life for any distro, imo.  When you toss in the fact that VSIDO has been here through thick and thin, always maintained by one solitary individual from the very beginning makes it a really special distro indeed.  Long live VSIDO, long live FOSS!

To a special friend, I hope you have the best birthday this year that you've ever had!  This has been a tremendous journey, and I'm so glad our travels have just begun!  Long live the "VastOne"!  (quick edit: I know it's not till tomorrow, but hey sometimes it's not for years!!! FOR REAL!!!)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Thanks Jed... I do appreciate that

I'll give you a riddle I share every 4 years...

How can I turn 60 today and 15 tomorrow?  A slight leap for sure

Every non leap year I celebrate on the 28th
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

riV

VastOne 
Happy Birthday. 

lwfitz

While I don't comment here nearly as much as I used to, I very proudly have used VSIDO since I found VastOnes post on the Crunchbang forums....... That was a long time ago!
I run my business with it, have had a few customers move from Ubuntu, one from Windows and love it as much today as I did the day I fisrt installed.

Happy birthday VastOne!

Don't Be A Dick!

DeepDayze

Quote from: lwfitz on March 05, 2020, 05:00:35 AM
While I don't comment here nearly as much as I used to, I very proudly have used VSIDO since I found VastOnes post on the Crunchbang forums....... That was a long time ago!
I run my business with it, have had a few customers move from Ubuntu, one from Windows and love it as much today as I did the day I fisrt installed.

Happy birthday VastOne!
Yup many eons ago that was :)

VastOne sure has made one distro that's well worth it, and who would carry the mantle if the day ever comes that he's stepping down or leaves this mortal coil?

Digit

Very glad, that when I look to fluxbox again (in (and posting this from) a virtualmachine of void hijacked with bedrock adding devuan ceres, artix and gentoo), and do some fluxbox configuration searches, vsido forum posts are among the results, and the most helpful.  Very glad vsido's still going.  :)  Long Live vsido and the vsido community!  :)   (quality over quantity, reduces noise/signal ratio.)  :)
... Though i'd still choose to have it more vcereso ;D
(side note: did have an obarun hijack first, but its s66 stuff's being fancy and unfamiliar scared me away initially... but... seems they are encroaching (and surpassing?) some of systemd's intended solution space.  It may warrant further investigation.  ... and, would you agree, that'd be fascinating, if one day, we get a debian/devuan with obarun's fancy init system?)

sqlpython

VastOne and contributors Hello again and Congratulations on the continued run!!
...Sorry for my absence..
...And Yes! Long live VSIDO.

"The Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".. Samuel Clemens.

I haven't really posted anywhere in at least 4 yrs. I believed that based on the download page,, Vsido had gone dark. I saw the forums still had some posts but that may occur for some distros years after the distro is discontinued. Apparently you continue to put out a Yearly download.

IMHO VastOne this is the most compelling FluxBox build anywhere.. Great Work..
I have continued using Slackware since 1995. Currently, also working with one VSIDO & a Bunsen Labs. I have not installed another VSIDO in yrs. I downloaded one last yr but never did install it as I began to work with some BSDs again. That sums up the last 4 or 5 yrs. (Boring)

Time for me to get back to a nice FluxBox Install.
Stretch, Siduction-15.1,  Slackware 14.1, LMDE, Calculate 15.7

riV

Happy Birthday VastOne

horn tooting smiley with confetti swirling . .
hello everyone

jedi

Yes indeed VastOne, happy birthday to you and hope you get everything you want!!!

[edit #1] I know I'm off by a day.  I did remember it though and it was nice talking to you also...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous