2021 - Perpetuity Screenshot Thread

PackRat

^ Nice

Settled on fluxbox native taskbar and polybar -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

ok so not much new to see, oh wait that is the new 6.0 linux kernel there!!!

No drop-down terminal hiding the conky displaying the current kernel as well...

Turned out less difficult than I had imagined.  Hours in the compiling though along with a significant amount of disc space needed for the operation as well.  Anyway, it's official the Linux Kernel is now in the 6's...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

misko_2083

Jedi do you sense the disturbance in the force?   ;)
Don't worry it's me.

Can you try this clock, actually two clocks, I made this summer.
They are very similar one is with Gtk3 the other Xlib.
https://github.com/Misko-2083/sclock
They have command line options like yad.

jedi

Sorry it took so long.  Had to wait for 'time' to pass by so I could tell how the new kernel is working here.  Been up almost 2 days no issues, so far...  (the laptop's been up almost 2 days not me!)

Hey misko_2083!  Nice to see your still around!

Quote from: misko_2083 on October 14, 2022, 06:50:07 PM
Jedi do you sense the disturbance in the force?   ;)
Don't worry it's me.

I sense a deep disturbance in this entire spiral of our galaxy!  ???  Are these clock conkies you speak of? As I infer at the start of this post, 'time' is observed here poorly as it interferes with specificity in precision observation.  ::)  :D  :D omg so much smoke...

I actually only have a conky on my screen because it comes by default with VSIDO and does show some good info easily.  Other than that one liner up there that's been around a decade or more, I've lost my conky vision.  Life happened and I'm living the dream baby!

I am going to look but no promises!   
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Quote from: misko_2083 on October 14, 2022, 06:50:07 PM

Can you try this clock, actually two clocks, I made this summer.
They are very similar one is with Gtk3 the other Xlib.
https://github.com/Misko-2083/sclock
They have command line options like yad.

Hey misko! As jedi said, glad to see you here again.. I will check out the clocks..

I am also curious if you or anyone has found any gmail notify scripts that work.. GMail made some changes that has stopped any atom attempts to capture data, you simply can no longer get it even though credentials still work

Just curious
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Another .fsa install on metal.

Yes it is a lot of metal...
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Every now and again I need to check out the latest version of KDE/plasma.
plasma-X11 runs pretty smooth; plasma-wayland not so much.

Lasted about half a day, then back to fluxbox or i3.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on October 22, 2022, 02:59:14 PM
Every now and again I need to check out the latest version of KDE/plasma.
plasma-X11 runs pretty smooth; plasma-wayland not so much.

Lasted about half a day, then back to fluxbox or i3.
I've done the same thing myself over the years in hopes of better KDE understanding.  Alas, I've never achieved enlightenment status with it and always end up right back at Fluxbox myself!

So the 'old' MSI lappy is back and a little worn with age.  Having to use 2 different keyboards currently as the beautiful steel series multicolor keyboard on the laptop decided to stop letting me use the 'x' 'z' and 'Ctrl' keys.  Not sure if something is up or just old age...
Otherwise, this is going to be the new media machine for the house and my new VSIDO goto piece of metal...
Got it up and running using the latest .fsa file available.  Quite the round-about install this time.  UEFI still sucks imo.  Anyway, I was able to successfully get here in the end and thats what matters!!!

Forum Netiquette

VastOne

Nice cool evening after a rain, a glass of wine and GMB rocking some Cars

Dare say it doesn't get much better than this

I dev VSIDO

dizzie

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

jedi

Playing around with compton to get some depth for my FB!

Forum Netiquette

dizzie

Compton is always fun!

Heres my one-liner I use in i3 :D

compton -c -r 20 -l -30 -t -30 -f -z --blur-background-frame--blur-kern '5,5,0.676634,0.783377,0.822578,0.783377,0.676634,0.783377,0.906961,0.952345,0.906961,0.783377,0.822578,0.952345,0.52345,0.822578,0.783377,0.906961,0.952345,0.906961,0.783377,0.676634,0.783377,0.822578,0.783377,0.676634,' --vsync opengl --dbe --glx-no-stencil -D 3 -b

Yes, that IS one line :P

dizzie

Finally got my laptop running vsido (was a bit of a tango, VastOne knows!)
Wasn't straight forward, so will do a writeup/howto on the forum, but for now... Screenshot!

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Forum Netiquette