2021 - Perpetuity Screenshot Thread

PackRat

Time to see how this goes  8)

did some repartitioning.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Pretty much painless. Dual booting with ArchLabs. Did not have spacefm installed in ArchLabs so installed from the command line.

In the process of configuring. Added jgmenu, revamped conky and tint2. Re-configuring for Debian commands (what is this thing called apt?  :D)
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Did not have spacefm installed?  That does not make sense. Let me see what is up with that

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

The install had spacefm. No issues there. I used nmtui and connected to wireless no issue.

I did not have spacefm installed with ArchLabs (I think it's in the AUR). So I couldn't follow the installation HowTo. It's a straight forward command in the terminal to restore the archive so i just installed from the command line while logged into ArchLabs.

Currently dual-booting with ArchLabs.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Aye, I realized that after I already posted.. thanks for clarifying

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I use mostly mate tools now - caja, atril, and a few others. So .....

VSIDO with mate desktop:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

I was 0 years old today when I found out about neofetch

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Install w3m and w3m-img and you can replace that penguin with your VSIDO logo icon  :D

Everything works out of the box installing from the fsarchive file. Had to manually reset my time zone to US Eastern instead of Central. Easy fix.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Good to hear PackRat

I like the penguin  8)

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Way to go PackRat! Really like the looks of the jgmenu and thinking I'll try that out next...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Fluxbox on dual monitors. Since fluxbox, like openbox, just expands the desktop across the two monitors, there is some empty space at the bottom the second monitor.  I tried the:

Configure --> Toolbar --> On Head... --> All Heads

from the Fluxbox Menu, but didn't really like it set up that way. So added a simple, one line conky to the bottom of the second monitor for a bit of symmetry.

Aesthetically, it would probably look better with a tint2 panel and slightly rounded corners.

Edit - With some effort, this could look really good. Matching up the colors-transparency-widths will take some time and patience. Every piece of software calculates it differently. Or just go opaque.

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Wow PackRat love the dual monitor setup!  Still experimenting away.  This time it's an Lenovo Thinkpad 'Yoga' Ultrabook with fully functioning touchscreen and tablet capabilities!  Boots in around 4 seconds flat.  Using the latest .fsa download, "installed" with nary an issue...

edit: very small and thin ultrabook, screen folds all the way around to become a tablet when needed.  I believe a 12.9 inch screen, around the same size as my 2019 iPad Pro 12.9"...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

This ultrabook is small but what a powerful little computer when loaded with VSIDO Linux.  Touchscreen as well!  I just had to figure out the new screen as far as font sizes since you needed a microscope to read or see anything.

Very happy and pleased with this iteration!!!  8)
Forum Netiquette