2021 - Perpetuity Screenshot Thread

PackRat

This is the place to show off your customized desktop.

Please remember to use thumbnails.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

i3 window manager.
Start the year with some Kate Beckinsale wallpaper:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

dwm with a lot of patches to make the dwm bar function like a typical taskbar:

awesomebar, statusbutton, systemtray, focusonclick, gaplessgrid, uselessgaps, cyclelayouts, bottomstack, centeredmaster patches.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

paxmark1

No use my showing my sid sway.  Ancient Atom 1 gb netbook on a fair 6 y.o SDHC, loose power connection on computer - final days - no customization. But for doing a couple of things via vpn (say getting CBC.ca music streams into the usOFa)  wow.  Sway Does not feel experimental at all.     

PackRat

Quote from: paxmark1 on January 17, 2020, 06:55:49 PM
No use my showing my sid sway.  Ancient Atom 1 gb netbook on a fair 6 y.o SDHC, loose power connection on computer - final days - no customization. But for doing a couple of things via vpn (say getting CBC.ca music streams into the usOFa)  wow.  Sway Does not feel experimental at all.   

Sway is coming along nicely; it's my understanding the developer will also be coding a floating/stacking window manager as well in the near future.

back on topic -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Testing a new window manager - dwm ported to xcb with some patches built in:

Direct Link to Image

Direct Link to Image
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

zephyr

Hello Vger and everyone! Doing a drive-by and decided to post a screenie of Crowz Fluxbox with Vsido configs! Well almost not quite for my daily driver! Running Devuan Ceres (unstable), been on my machine a long while, from ascii to beowulf and ceres over the last 6 months and not even a hiccup! :)

No wallpaper, just my old zephyr alchemy symbol for "air"!

cheers

zephyr

Terminal using Urxvt
crowz-welcome
neofetch
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

DeepDayze

Quote from: zephyr on January 31, 2020, 02:56:27 AM
Hello Vger and everyone! Doing a drive-by and decided to post a screenie of Crowz Fluxbox with Vsido configs! Well almost not quite for my daily driver! Running Devuan Ceres (unstable), been on my machine a long while, from ascii to beowulf and ceres over the last 6 months and not even a hiccup! :)

No wallpaper, just my old zephyr alchemy symbol for "air"!

cheers

zephyr

Terminal using Urxvt
crowz-welcome
neofetch

That desktop looks cool and I've downloaded the CROWZ OB ISO to try out. Never ran a Devuan based distro before so will try this out using a spare HD.

riV

Hello VastOne 
I hope, when the upgrade removes wicd, that you are not using it at the time. 
When upgrade removes medit, with what will you replace medit? 
.In with the new.  Readied for peril of mass removal. 

Looks; 
custom

VastOne

It has been far too long since I have posted but with a GTK3 version of GMB working I had to showcase it

Still VSIDO and Fluxbox ... Holler if you have questions

https://imgur.com/SThWJUOl.png

Full

https://i.imgur.com/SThWJUO.png
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Looks nice. GMB get forked, or did the development team just give it some love?

direct link

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

I'm really not sure yet RatMan... That link is about all there is and I happened across it only by chance on the GMB IRC channel today... It for sure is not being advertised yet

Everything works in it.. It loads all the original layouts and all of the plugins work, I think I the only thing I had to make sure of was that libgtk3-perl was installed

For anyone who does load it and if you have a large library, it will take approximately 18-20 minutes (or more) as it is hardwriting your database after the first scan.. Just an FYI, it only happens after the initial scan

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Quote from: VastOne on September 24, 2020, 11:27:40 PM
It has been far too long since I have posted...

No doubt, same here.  Not even sure if I've posted a scot this year.  Shame on me.  I am still involved everyone believe it or not and stay in touch with VastOne.  May your golfing career be as long as since the day you began to play till now!!!  ??? (inside joke?  nahhhh it's pathetic...)

So, haven't been in the computer game much this year.  Took the year off you might say.  At the beginning of the year a new laptop was purchased for the first time since 2014 or '15, not sure.  As you'll quickly be able to tell it is a MacBook Pro and my first one ever.  I'm totally blown away by it and love it and mostly blame Linux for that!  8). Course now that GMB might be back, we'll have to see about getting that running cross environment and going on the Mac!  Yup still type too much...

jedi
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

A cold January night, contemplating the end of the American Republic and marveling at how much I still admire what VSIDO is whilst listening to Pink Floyd and Welcome to the Machine on GMB

Happy new year, I guess

I dev VSIDO