Just auto login. ( SOLVED. )

Gordon

Hi all
Back again but this time with only autologin.
I have been reading all that I can find on autologin with lightdm and got nowhere. The only comment that I have found with auto login is to do with gdm3.
Can anyone tell me how to get it to work with the latest install as I can't find the info anywhere or do I have to switch to gdm3 and if so do I have to uninstall lightdm
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

PackRat

Autologin - need to change the option in the configuration file for your login manager.

Autologin with lxdm - ArchWiki

Autologin lightdm - ArchWiki

Did you install LightDM? Pretty sure VSIDO made the switch to LXDM -- VSIDO news
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Gordon

Hi PackRat

Thanks for the reply

I thought that is where it should be but I dont seem to have a " lightdm.conf " file. I only have a " lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf file and I can't find anything about auto login in that. Do I just creat a lightdm.conf file in lightdm and if so how
Gordon

PackRat

Check for the /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf

Since you did a clean install, lxdm should be your display manager. The lightdm files are probably an artifact from previous releases using lightdm; there are some customizations vastone made back in the day so the file is still in /etc/skel.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Gordon

Hi PackRat

Thanks again

Looked in /etc/skel couldn't find anthing to do with aoutlogin but looked in lxdm and found it so auto login now working

Again thanks for all your help  :)
Gordon

PackRat

Good.

Please mark your thread as solved.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Quote from: Gordon on May 09, 2019, 06:25:03 PM
Hi PackRat

Thanks again

Looked in /etc/skel couldn't find anthing to do with aoutlogin but looked in lxdm and found it so auto login now working

Again thanks for all your help  :)

/etc/skel is the location for default configurations that get copied to a new users home directory, as well as some system-wide configurations. Don't need to be editing anything located there.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo