ceni changes

VastOne

ceni is in Debian repos and when ported there the name was changed to Ceni which caused headaches... 

For those who want it here is  fix for Ceni / ceni so that you won't have to change any menus... Run the following to create a ceni symlink

sudo ln -s /usr/sbin/Ceni /usr/local/bin/ceni

Keep in mind you must know roots PW in order to run ceni.. In VSIDO default you must change the root PW to know it by running:

sudo passwd root
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Thank you! I thought I was losing it. I had beentrying to figure out wtf happened to ceni......
Don't Be A Dick!

Gordon

Hi Each

I don't know if this is the same thing but I have just reinstalled VSIDO yet again. To get on the internet I logged into root terminal and entered Ceni and change the settings in there. It worked though unusual for me.

When i tried to run it through fluxbox all I kept getting was couldn't run child process or something on them lines
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

PackRat

Ceni has to be run as root, did you try:

sudo ceni

when you were in fluxbox - as a regular user, I assume.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Gordon

Hi PackRat

yes I just tried to use the Fluxbox dropdown menu at first then ran Ceni as root which worked obviously  :D
Gordon

VastOne

Just as an FYI to anyone.. Ceni must be run as root in a live-CD session too

The root pw on the VSIDO ISO is vsido
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Gordon

Hi VastOne.

Thanks for that. I didn't know that but all the iso that I have just boot on to the internet anyway   :)
Gordon