VSIDO Controls > VSIDO News & Announcements

VSIDO x64 and x64_uEFI ISO’s updated 2019-MAR-26 14:16 CST

(1/7) > >>

VastOne:

* Updated VSIDO to latest Debian SID kernel – 4.19.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.28-2 (2019-03-15)
* Updated all applications to the latest SID levels
All changes can be seen and discussed in the VSIDO Change sub forum

All files and torrents can be downloaded from the VSIDO Download page

After nearly a year, I have made some changes..

There is only the x64 and x64_uEFI versions now and forevermore

We are up to kernel 4.19 and I anticipate going to 5 in the next month

The only known issues I am aware of is that grub stalls during the install with the following message

--- Code: ---WARNING: Device /dev/sda1 not initialized in udev database even after waiting 1000000 microseconds
--- End code ---

I think it is an installer issue related to what @filip fixed in locating the drives, I think the grub part of the installer also cannot find the drives but does the install fine anyway

I also have a new machine now, a uEFII machine donated to VSIDO by Luke / lwfitz so I can do all real time testing now onto HW

I also want to thank jedi, whose friendship and patience are one of the rocks behind VSIDO

Enjoy and please let me know of any issues

PackRat:
The uEFI iso boots just fine, but neither network manager nor ceni appear to be installed. So no easy wireless setup out of the box.

Will try them both tomorrow on a hard wired connection.

VastOne:
NM was never a part of VSIDO

ceni is now Ceni

Some dumbass thought it would be cute to rename it and not use any symlinks

sudo Ceni works fine

jedi:
Installed no issues at all.  Same with the stall at the grub part of the installer.  Installed fine anyway.  Rebooted, the new install is not in the current grub menu of course, logged into my goto and updated grub.  Instantly recognized the newly installed VSIDO, no errors on update-grub.  Rebooted, logged into new install ran ceni (what an asshole, ceni all along, now Cen?) setup the wifi, and came here to type in this update...  BRB

PackRat:

--- Quote from: VastOne on March 27, 2019, 02:47:17 AM ---NM was never a part of VSIDO

ceni is now Ceni

Some dumbass thought it would be cute to rename it and not use any symlinks

sudo Ceni works fine

--- End quote ---

Ceni works.

Menu entries for Ceni and Network Manager Settings are broken, then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version