uEFI and grub2

VastOne

Back story is simple, I have been away for a while and caught up with almost everything regarding the VSIDO build but there seems to be a big change in what ever grub uEFI uses (i know it is grub-efi-amd64) but something is completely different

Before (and still with legacy x64 VSIDO) to make sure eth0 was the correct name of the network interface all we had to do was make sure net.ifnames=0 is on the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT= line in /etc/default/grub file

That has not changed, and as a matter of fact the line is there on a liveCD but what appears to have changed is grub-efi-amd no longer reads /etc/default/grub

The proof is this.. When you boot to the test uEFI ISO that is now available and tab to edit the grub line and add net.ifnames=0 to  the Linux (kernel) line it does in fact boot correctly with eth0 as the network interface name

So the question is simple

When you do add that parameter on a liveCD boot, what exactly is it being written to?

This all works as it should on Legacy x64 VSIDO which is also in that directory suggesting that it is definitely a uefi grub issue only
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

???  I will try to post later with some updated info.  Not any fixes per se, but perhaps enough info that someone smarter than me can interpret.  Give me a couple of hours and I'll try to have it all posted...   ???

Also, I am currently booted into a liveUSB session that is curently 'pretending' to be my goto lappy. :)  I am booted up on metal using the 20Mar2019 ISO image.  Default boot no changes to grub cmd line.  So far a seemingly error free boot, and now at aprx. 17 hours of uptime, pretty confident in the 'state' of the machine.

I'll check back here for info, advice, or cake. 
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Or to just talk to myself for a while!  Some of my best  :D conversations have been with myself  ???  Anywho, I'm seriously considering totally moving my computing to USB.  This has been a truly amazing 18 hours for sure.  Going to post some scrots here of my fun.

fdisk -l

Disk Manager (?)

Because I can post scrots here?

Gparted mysteriously showing labels and no labels...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Forum Netiquette