APRIL 2018 last ISO?!?! What the hell happened to VastOne

VastOne

It only worked for me in V-Box by completely removing the drives in gparted and recreating them in gparted.. Once I did BOTH and only both then they both showed up

It kept failing if I did only one drive so if you are not in a V-Box make sure you have only what drive you want to use installed

This is the Ugly Stick approach to an install until this issue is resolved

Thanks RatMan for the feedback and help
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

filip

I have little time to investigate what's the difference between partition label and partition name (since msdos disks obviously do support labels, so wtf!?) together with what changed in Debian that suddenly made this an issue.
So I've just taken a blunt approach and made the installer check if labels are supported, before trying to populate the UI with them.

See here: https://gitlab.com/Cofi/trios-installer/commit/90310e899dab429d5c62a95a10e92898225ae434

So the biggest potential "issue" if I got it wrong is that the labels won't show in the UI when they are actually supported.
If I get some time later today I'll go through the install fully (by mistake I booted into a VM I need/cannot format the disk), and burn the ISO on the flash and check it out on the metal... Right now it doesn't get stuck on the partition list screen.
With that said, until I get to it, I suggest testing in a VM only, just in case  :) Also, as usual, the fix is in the "testing" branch, so make sure you build the installer from it :)

VastOne

Thank you filip.. When I get home later tonight I will install and confirm the fix

I no longer understand debians need to just change shit for the sake of change ...  ??? >:( ::)

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

First round of testing on V-Box a complete success ...

By Midnight CST there should be new ISO's

Thank you filip!!!

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I have uploaded the working x64 to the Test directory..

I am (re)building the uEFI (not working) for testing and will upload it to testing when it is done

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Tried this; the partition screen shows all drives and partitions now.

Tried an install a couple times, the installer lets me define the partitions and file systems, but doesn't commit the changes. Right now, I'll chalk it up to old hardware wearing out. It was showing some odd behavior when I was installing Archlabs. Wiped drives were still showing as ext4 was a common one.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

Quote from: filip on March 20, 2019, 12:24:59 PM
I have little time to investigate what's the difference between partition label and partition name (since msdos disks obviously do support labels, so wtf!?) together with what changed in Debian that suddenly made this an issue.
So I've just taken a blunt approach and made the installer check if labels are supported, before trying to populate the UI with them.

See here: https://gitlab.com/Cofi/trios-installer/commit/90310e899dab429d5c62a95a10e92898225ae434

So the biggest potential "issue" if I got it wrong is that the labels won't show in the UI when they are actually supported.
If I get some time later today I'll go through the install fully (by mistake I booted into a VM I need/cannot format the disk), and burn the ISO on the flash and check it out on the metal... Right now it doesn't get stuck on the partition list screen.
With that said, until I get to it, I suggest testing in a VM only, just in case  :) Also, as usual, the fix is in the "testing" branch, so make sure you build the installer from it :)

Hey filip .. I have found an issue with the grub install section that I think is related to this that we solved

The only known issues I am aware of is that grub stalls during the install with the following message

WARNING: Device /dev/sda1 not initialized in udev database even after waiting 1000000 microseconds

I think it is an installer issue related to what @filip fixed in locating the drives, I think the grub part of the installer also cannot find the drives but does the install fine anyway

THat message can be seen of you run the installer from terminal

I do not see this message on a normal grub install or update to grub, it is only from within the installer

I dev VSIDO