APRIL 2018 last ISO?!?! What the hell happened to VastOne

VastOne

Hello all.. I wanted to share with everyone a discussion in chat I had with Zephyr.. This is it

Hello  Zephyr..! I am well and thank you for asking.. I am working nearly 7 days a week and although it is good to be working again it exhausts me.. I am doing more physical work now than I have ever done.. I am all right but it takes just about all my time..

The real issue with VSIDO is not so much lack of time or effort, it is/was with Debian
About 6 months ago I lost a HD that basically took me out for about a week.. No big deal, I just let VSIDO builds get away from me.. that week turned into a month and when I did try to start with the rebuilds Debian had so much crap that they were including (GCC 5,6,7,8) it caused the ISO to balloon to 400 MB more than when I was up to date.. It pissed me off, but I have started from ground zero before and was happy to do that.. that is about the time that my work started 6-7 days a week plus all my responsibilities here taking care of my invalid mother..

Needless to say I have not had the time, I do want to and will get back to rebuilding VSIDO again but I need some time to do that.. when I do get that time, rest assured, VSIDO will rock once again

Apologies to all in not talking about this sooner but in some ways I actually did need a break

Thanks for understanding

Cheers!

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

zephyr

Hello Vger, haven't been on FB since yesterday but happy you posted here! (come by every day) :D
Know how things can be with priorities, certainly, hope you do well and get a break to rest. Have stepped away from things I have enjoyed in the past to simply put priorities and family in a true perspective. When I do get back to other things I enjoy is just more appreciated!  :)

Things at Devuan has been great, growing pains are expected and not critical of the dev's/VUA's! But it is much like working and using Debian Wheezy. Right now using Devuan CROWZ 4.19 Beowulf/Ceres and everything simply just works nicely including slim as display manager.

If you ever think moving over you can be assured will be happy to assist you in any form, know Ozi would do the same! :)

Take care and avoid the nasty weather, not sure what state you reside but it's gonna be nasty up north!  :(

...and hello to all the folks in the VSIDO forum!  8)

cheers

zephyr

CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

PackRat

good to know.

hope it's all going well for you.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

zephyr

Greetings PackRat: Thank you, been doing great and winter is my favorite time of year. Don't recieve the cold blast quite as severe as the folks in the north but can stay below freezing for extended periods and winds quite brutal at times. Being retired, pick and chose when to got out, going to bed and getting up when I want has ruined me!   :-[

VSIDO is my only favorite Debian now, ventured into using VOID and very impressed with it! Devuan has been a really good choice for me!  :P

Take care out in the weather!

cheers

zephyr

blaze

blazingaway

Snap

Hi, Boss! Good to read you're ok and kicking.

Glad to see Vsido will be rocking once again. I feel your pain about how Debian is evolving. One of the reasons that made me hop to Void some time ago (It seems that Void is a somewhat popular choice amongst Vsido lovers these days).

zephyr

@Snap: VOID is a unique distribution, have it installed for about 5 months with Ob.

cheers

zephyr

DeepDayze

Good to see you are still around VastOne. Hopefully soon Debian Sid will settle down after the freeze for Buster and then that be a good time for VSIDO to rise like a phoenix.

VastOne

An update for those interested...

I finally got some time off and the energy to start a complete rebuild process .. I got really amped and psyched to do it..

The first step is setting up VirtualBox.. Keep in mind this build machine is kept to the current levels so that it can be the same as the builds..

Most of you know me as a problem solver.. If there is an issue, I will track down a solution before raising my hand to ask for help

I spent all day yesterday trying to get VB installed on the latest kernel (4.19,0-3) and the latest Debian SID.. and failed. 

More than that what I found disturbed me even more.. It seems both the devs of VB and the devs of Debian seem to want to be blaming each other instead of solving it

I am actually exhausted in trying to get such a simple thing to work...

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Update, I did get it all sorted out but still it was a mind numbing headache, now I'll wait for the energy surge again

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Quote from: VastOne on March 09, 2019, 07:49:57 PM
Update, I did get it all sorted out but still it was a mind numbing headache, now I'll wait for the energy surge again

Hopefully it comes back quick.  I been jones'n...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

zephyr

@Vger: Great news, sometimes have to drink my coffee black with a little whiskey... to jump start me!  :P

cheers

zephyr

ozitraveller

@v-ger that awesome news ! Great to hear you are recovering and getting things sorted out for yourself! :)

Best of luck!

ozi

blaze

Have some coffee, chill with a soap opera and get back at it when you feel for it.  :)
blazingaway

VastOne

I actually have it all figured out and will release new ISO's tonight after I get off work

I dev VSIDO