2019 Screenshot Thread

jedi

Quote from: jedi on June 02, 2019, 01:27:32 AM
Quote from: PackRat on May 31, 2019, 11:56:58 PM
@jed - you still have snow in the shady areas?

Not for a couple of weeks now!!!  I would have already been moved in with you down there had there still been snow.   ??? Our first 70F day finally came May 28th I believe.  Haven't had one since of course...  :'(

:'( So @PackRat, there have been 4 more +70 (by a degree or two ususally) days since last I posted.  The most terrible and unfortunate news is that while walking the lake property across from the State Park  (we live on the opposite shore of the park), there is indeed still snow in the deep woods. It is not much and will be gone by this weekend I'd think.  I've talked to several other "Maine Guide/Game Warden" friends who all say this is the latest they've seen it on the ground, even in the 'big woods'!  :'(
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

dizzie

Hi!

This one is still breathing and kicking (let alone doing mischief)

So I picked up a HP z400 for about $30 a while back, cleaned it good, and dumped a few harddrives in it (5x500Gb) which I obviously had to put in a raid (it's why my /home is a lil big hehe) As for the screensize... I got a 32" TV for free, so why the hell not (Has HDMI so....) Anyway, enough blabber... Enjoy the screenshot :) Oh and have a nice day!

For the geek in you (conky on the left, tint2 at the top with launchers, urxvt showing neofetch spew, mocp playing music (not showing))

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

ozitraveller

Hey Dizzie! Long time no see! :) Always liked that background image! :)

Ozi

dizzie

Quote from: ozitraveller on June 13, 2019, 09:22:59 PM

Ozi

It's really been that long huh? :)

And yeah it has been a while  8)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

jedi

Snows gone for a few more weeks anyway.

VSIDO, Tint2, Conky, GMB of course...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

ozitraveller

Quote from: dizzie on June 13, 2019, 11:03:10 PM
Quote from: ozitraveller on June 13, 2019, 09:22:59 PM

Ozi

It's really been that long huh? :)

And yeah it has been a while  8)

Yep! ;)

jedi

Such a reliable OS, I've posted almost all the scrots I can imaginatively post!  So much has happened since that summer in 2012!  Yet looking back at the scrots, same ole reliable system.  OK, summer is over up here (for a month or so now) so perhaps some more time on the computer?  We'll see.

I have a new "Man Cave" here to enjoy this winter!  Over the course of the summer we moved back to the lake house, so lots of changes life style wise.  Have already taken some great pics of the wildlife that I'll try to post shortly.  This is such a beautiful place, sometimes I can hardly believe this is where I live!  At the foot of Quoggy Jo Mountain, and on the edge of Echo Lake.  It just doesn't get any better than that.  Totally not true as I'd gladly trade for a more tropical clime...  (in a tent)

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

^ I want those temperatures (those daytime?)  :D

Augusta, Georgia hit 101 F (38 C) the other day; new record for latest day in the year over 100. And it's still hot:

Temperature: 29.4 C (85 F) Conditions: Clear sky

Post season begins today:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

ozitraveller

@PackRat - I've been checking out the dark-aurora-grey theme. That's really nice theme and a very good choice! :)

It's only just made it to spring here, but going to be 29C! today! That's really early for that hot.

PackRat

Thanks; that author has a lot of nice, moderate contrast themes available; light and dark.

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

ozitraveller

Yes there are. Did you make a matching FB or OB theme to go with it?

PackRat

Not directly. I have some light and dark *box themes that use blue, green, or red.

I actually like the moderate contrast/low saturation gtk3 themes since they don't really clash with any window manager themes I use. If anything, I would use oomox to create some near monochrome light/dark gtk3 themes. It would be the gtk3 beige series.  :D

You need a fluxbox theme? Shouldn't be a problem to crank one out for you.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Quote from: ozitraveller on October 03, 2019, 04:58:21 AM
Yes there are. Did you make a matching FB or OB theme to go with it?

Had time, so made a couple.

Santee fluxbox style

Edisto fluxbox style

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

ozitraveller

Thanks PackRat, I like Santee! ;) Easy on the eyes. :)

Ozi

VastOne

Wow, a blast from my past...

Background.. Sadly GMB is dying.. The latest Perl updates have effectively killed it and the dev seems to be permanently MIA

So after an exhausting search and finding Linux/FOSS still sucks when it comes to a decent music app, I was encouraged to give QuodLibet a look and am now using it

Of course I needed to find a way to get it to the desktop and dusted off an old old old How To I wrote years ago on using Conky and music apps

Low and behold QuodLibet was there

Side note .. my MIA is due to a non functioning installer that has left VSIDO DOA
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO