2019 Screenshot Thread

PackRat

Happy, prosperous, and healthy New Year to everyone.

Show off your customized desktop, and please remember to use thumbnails.

Fluxbox with polybar for system information:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

And let's start the year with some Kate B. -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

ozitraveller

Happy New everbody! :)

A little too toasty here today though! :) 42C!

jedi

Wow.  Supposed to see -30F tonight in windchill up here in the "Great White North".  (not sure what the real temp will be)  So much snow.  I can't believe I'm even alive at this point.   :D

Don't really use conky much anymore so no good weather displays to show you...  Take my word for it, it is bitter cold up here right now!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Yes I know it isn't proof, however the winter warning calls for -30 by 10am EST.  -10F currently here in the frozen tundra.  The armpit of earth.  The end of the world.  (you can really see it from here)

If your wondering at my desktop look, if it aint broke don't fix it!  VSIDO is still indestructible...  Just lost my 109 day uptime status building new kernel.  Oh well.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Oh yeah...

Happy New Year to you all!!!  I've been less chained to the computer than in the past, but with current weather the way it is that is about to change I think.  :)
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Somebody else please post!  ???  Another balmy morning here in the Arctic...

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

some Bahamanian sunshine for you:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

ozitraveller

I'd be happy with some refreshing chill, it's going to be 41C / 106F here today! :(

jedi

Quote from: ozitraveller on January 14, 2019, 06:49:00 PM
I'd be happy with some refreshing chill, it's going to be 41C / 106F here today! :(

:D  I'm thinking ozitraveller should consider inviting me to the abode where those temps are at!  I would be very quiet and you wouldn't even know I was there!  :-X This is exciting, let me know when you want me to arrive, and I'll get it set up!  ???

So as I was saying, we've really been hit hard by this latest blizzard weather over the course of the last 2 days and still one day to go.  We are down to one entrance/exit from our home at the moment.  We still haven't got out of the driveway yet.  My wonderful son came through in the clutch as I have bronchitis and he made two runs yesterday with the snow blower.  Not that you can tell.  We have an aprx 6 ft. high bank packed in at the end of the driveway thanks to the county plow trucks.  Makes it almost impossible to snow blow your way out of it.

So in the picture your seeing, I took this at sometime between 1:30 am and 2:00 am on Monday early morning in the dark so excuse the lack of real focus.  Couldn't use the flash so my hands might have been a little shaky.  :D

So if you look closely enough you'll see this was taken in the mud room of the house where we enter from the inside through the garage door which is directly to my left in the picture (not shown) and the outside entrance to the mudroom facing the street which is the focal point for the picture.  Your looking at at least 15 feet of snow drifted up against the house.  This runs all the way across the length of my driveway (3 cars wide) tapering down to about 5 feet.  These are like dunes with the lower ones hidden behind that first big drift that number about 4.

So hopefully this will be the last day of this blizzard.  Been a hard winter here so far.  Not looking for sympathy or anything, to the contrary, this is where we choose to live and love our lives!

Well I might accept a roommate offer in Bermuda or the Bahamas right now.  Maybe Aruba!   8)
(still haven't heard back from ozitraveller on the extended 2 or 3 month visit I could make!!!)
Forum Netiquette

ozitraveller

@jedi Good to see you are stull surviving, in you nice cool abode up there in the northern reaches! :) Unlike when it's cold and shared family body heat to keep the freeze out is good, I find that the reverse in extreme heat is not the way to go! :)

But tha Bahamas or Bermuda is an excellent idea! :)

jedi

Still hangin' in...  :'(

So much snow.  Probably close to 4 feet in my front yard.
A fine scrot of VSIDO running the 5.0.0-jedi Kernel.

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Been using earth tones a lot lately:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Great looking enviros Jedi and RatMan
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO