April 2018 screenshot thread

PackRat

Please remember to use thumbnails  :)

spectrwm and fluxbox -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

fluxbox, openbox + tint2:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Being checking out different shells lately - zsh and mksh are both pretty good (but I don't do anywhere near enough scripting etc ... to say any one shell is better than the other):

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Same ole.
I still have zsh setup using oh-my-zsh.  I like the cool looks of it.  Still can't get used to trying to do 'bash' stuff in 'zsh' though.  Screws me up everytime...

Time to do a rebuild on my goto I think.  Almost 3400  ???  packages installed and still growing.  Ugh!  Totally all bloat basically.  :o Need to get back to a clean install.

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

@vastone - what club do you recommend for this?

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

jedi

I really don't think they make a club for that!  :D  If they do, and you well never mind...

I actually do like (love? ) my Plasma/KDE setup.  I was getting ready to remove/purge everything related to KDE/Plasma.  Mostly because this was a VSIDO setup, my best yet as my goto system, and Fluxbox is stupendously awesome.  Minus your personal data VSIDO has a really small footprint.  I've got a vast amount of empty space on my sdd not to mention the secondary 1 Tb hdd.  Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has their personal system (only applies to pure Linux machines, i.e. no dual qaudruple booting refind systems) setup and running stably while having more than 3,000 pkgs installed?  I'm just saying, personally I think VSIDO rules!

Boom start something up and it doesn't work just right and just a login away from my Fluxbox dream box!  Instantaneous access to everything, and I sometimes go without rebooting for months.  Yet I have over 3300 pkgs installed...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

riV

hello PackRat. hi jedi. vsido one system on one machine rules with ... well only 1245 packges. not bigger than 3000. but for comparison , folks.

jedi

Quote from: riV on April 19, 2018, 04:06:17 AM
hello PackRat. hi jedi. vsido one system on one machine rules with ... well only 1245 packges. not bigger than 3000. but for comparison , folks.

Aye riV, sounds like a pretty typical VSIDO machine!  You ROCK!!!  I've got things installed on this thing of mine that I've got no memory of installing.  Thing is, it still runs like brand new!  This current install is probably almost 2 years old!  Kept up to date of course.  Think I'll just leave it as is...
Just can't shake the lazy's...
Forum Netiquette

riV

hello PackRat. hi jedi.  "You Rock" is very nice for you to speak such a thing.  Though in regard you VSIDO ROCKS i am from somewhere below sand.  I like to express it that this is a place where we walk among The Tall Trees of debian. 
The typing of vsido one in the previous post smoothly rolls. 
vsido #1 vsido one it is a natural fit. 

VastOne

ISO's built and uploaded...

2 minutes 7 seconds... I think that is the fastest install I have seen

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

^ Pretty good release - everything working out of the box:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^Thanks RatMan... you take that shot?  Beautiful..

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Yes, that is one of mine. We were saltwater fishing down by Beaufort over Spring Break. I'm pretty sure that sandbar connects to shore. Be nice to get out there and fish the shoreline. Have to dodge some gators to get out there though - like this one that was right below me when I took the picture:

The area is where the river empties into the estuary.

fluxbox with xfdesktop and blinged out:

saves some memory over using fluxbox as the window manager in xfce; get the icons on the desktop, but no session management. Worst of all lose the fluxbox menu.

I know the xfdesktop menu can be changed, but don't remember how. One thing I don't like about Xfce - don't have the fine-grained control you get with fluxbox/openbox/fvwm. Otherwise it's solid.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo