apt-get destruction

VastOne

There is connman and connman-ui

I'll add those
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Quote from: PackRat on January 29, 2018, 02:13:57 AM
It should be there - the author of the installer, Fillipe (sp ?) recommended it - started a thread about it. Very user friendly gui, just works.

on void -

676.0 KiB + 110.5 KiB = 786.5 KiB connman-vpnd
1.4 MiB + 124.5 KiB =   1.5 MiB connmand

pretty low on resources, I need to see if I can stop that vpn daemon. But it does do vpn, that has always been the selling point for NetworkManager over wicd - connecting to vpn.

I only use connman on my laptop since it's quicker than ceni when roaming, otherwise ceni all the way.

Did iw and wireless tools get pulled in? I think they must be there since the live session connects to wireless. Probably want those if not.

wireless-tools is install and I will add iw  ..

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I am holding off on all connman since it is like you said a ceni like tool

To recap, these are all that have been added

acpi acpid xserver-xorg-input-synaptics xserver-xorg-video-intel lame ffmpeg genisoimage xfburn mpg123 smplayer lm-sensors hddtemp gawk rfkill  unrar wireless-tools iw disk-manager compton gtk2-engines-murrine gtk2-engines-pixbuf mpv

and it looks like the increase will be from 490 to 514...

EDIT - I have made an executive decision and removed filezilla.. it was 45 MiB alone and one that is too subjective IMO... can add it to another script as an option

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Install was good.. uploading to test area now

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Test ISO is uploaded here... Anyone with a laptop would help significantly.. I do not have access to a lappy

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Well, it boots just fine on my laptop.  Ceni successfully got me online as expected.  Seems to be good as usual...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Glad to hear that Jedi.. thanks for testing. Like to get your opinion on the multimedia stuff that's put on hold right now because of the size of it and how to handle it

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Quote from: VastOne on January 29, 2018, 04:01:03 AM
Like to get your opinion on the multimedia stuff that's put on hold right now because of the size of it and how to handle it

The gstreamer stuff?  I'm in the camp of just adding it as an install option in the welcome script.  Seems way to ginormous to me to include it on the ISO...
GMusicBrowser stays I assume?  So, having mpv and smplayer installed means my gmb will be fine on a live-boot.  Wireless is working flawlessly so I'd say your good to go...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Thanks for that. I'm confused about the multimedia stuff because on the lite version builds from the beginning the things that I made sure that worked were Gmusicbrowser  and that videos could play. It might have only been YouTube but it seems to me that I also made sure that a video player could also play.

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Broke the uefi stuff on the lappy.  My fault.  Gonna have to chroot and reinstall grub real quick..
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

Yeah I haven't built the UEFI version yet I guess I should have made that clear,  sorry about that

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Hey it was my bad!  I should have known better than to do it the way I did...  Had to go out to the garage to get prepared!  Going to have something to do tomorrow! Yaaaaayyyyyyyyy
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

Quote from: jedi on January 29, 2018, 04:30:56 AM
Broke the uefi stuff on the lappy.  My fault.  Gonna have to chroot and reinstall grub real quick..

Building the uEFI ISO now

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Uploading the uEFI now

2:35 seconds to install uEFI

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

To recap, these are all that have been added

acpi acpid xserver-xorg-input-synaptics xserver-xorg-video-intel lame ffmpeg genisoimage xfburn mpg123 smplayer lm-sensors hddtemp gawk rfkill unrar wireless-tools iw disk-manager compton gtk2-engines-murrine gtk2-engines-pixbuf mpv

and it looks like the increase will be from 490 to 514...

With these changes the sizes are:

x32 496
x64 503
uEFI_x64 506

EDIT - I have made an executive decision and removed filezilla.. it was 45 MiB alone and one that is too subjective IMO... can add it to another script as an option

I dev VSIDO